|Dead Rising||Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3||Dead Rising 4|
Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
The 2 x 4 (pronounced two-by-four) is a Dead Rising weapon. It is a large wooden plank, used for construction purposes. It is very effective against zombies but it can only hit one zombie at a time.
It's durability can be increased with the Engineering book.
- Primary: Tap the button to swing the 2" x 4". This attack can only hit one target per swing.
- Thrown: Hold down the trigger to go into aim mode and press the button to throw the 2"x 4".
- The 2" x 4" is the same as the Lead Pipe, except for the sound it makes when hitting something.
- The board appears to be incorrectly labelled. The dimension of the height and width of the board are the same, most likely making it a 4" x 4"
- In the Italian version of Dead Rising, this weapon's name has been translated to "Bastone di Legno", which actually means "Wooden Stick". The correct translation would be "Asse/Asse di Legno", which means 2x4.
- ↑ Dead Rising:Items Guide, GameFAQs, March 23, 2008. Incorrectly states: "one hit during the day time, and a two hit kill at night" Only one hit is needed, day or night.