They are orange industrial carts and green security carts scattered in the underground tunnels, as well as in South Plaza and in front of the Fortune City Hotel. The industrial carts can kill up to 200 zombies and the security carts can kill up to 150 zombies before exploding, unless the player crashes, in which case the possible kill count is lowered.
The orange carts can hold one passenger along with the driver, while the security carts with lights on top have two more seats in the back, allowing a total of three passengers and the driver to use the cart.
Its durability can be increased with the Driving magazine.
- The official guide calls this vehicle the "4x4".
- The 4x4 has two names in the PC game file items.txt, "IndustrialCart" and "SecurityCart". They are actually two different distinct vehicles; one is not a sub-vehicle of another. There is also the Postal Cart, another separate entry, which is only seen in Mail Order Zombrex, that, although it cannot be driven in the game, is set up to be driven in the PC files.
- The only differences between the three vehicles:
Security Industrial Postal AssetFilename SecurityCart IndustrialCart PostalCart Durability 200 200 150 EngineRpmDecreasePerTick 750 100 Gears_ReverseGearTopSpeed 20 20 N/A InteractDistance 2 2 0 IsNotInteractable N/A N/A true MinYRotationRequiredToBeFlipped .7 .7 N/A IsOpen true N/A N/A NumberOfSeats 4 2 2 RestrictedByRegion N/A false N/A TireSkidEnergyDecreasePerTick 300 750 750
- There are only three security carts in the game, and they are all found in the Underground.
Locations in game files
- Source: items.txt
|Industrial Cart locations|
|Security Cart locations|
- There are also differences between the postal cart and the two other carts in "PlayerInteractVisionAngle", "PropEffectLocator0", and "PropEffectLocator1", which are not listed here.
- This is assumed to be the line that makes it so the player cannot use the postal cart.