Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "I found a woman in the jewelry shop in Al Fresca Plaza. She's movin' around an awful lot. It almost looks like she's lookin' for somebody."
- —Otis Washington
The scoop takes place in Riverfield Jewelry in Al Fresca Plaza in the evening of the first day. A distraught and injured woman, Leah Stein, refuses to come out of the store she is hiding in and Frank must save her.
OverviewEditUpon arriving at Al Fresca Plaza, Frank West finds Leah Stein crying inside Riverfield Jewelry about her daughter, Grace Stein. When Frank speaks to her, she grabs him and hysterically asks where her baby is. After shoving the delusional Leah off, Frank offers to help look for Grace. Leah then admits that Grace has been eaten by the zombies and that her ankle was bitten. After Frank calms her down, she agrees to let him offer assistance walking and take her to the safety of the Security Room.
Leah is injured and walks very slowly with a limp. Frank will have to carry her. While Frank cannot use weapons or eat food while he is carrying a survivor, it is easier as:
- Frank doesn't have to deal with the terrible survivor artificial intelligence,
- Frank is less likely to be attacked, and
- the survivor will not be attacked unless Frank is attacked.
Conversation with Leah
Frank: What's the matter? Are you ok?
Leah: Grace!? Where's Grace!? My baby! I want my baby back! Grace! Grace! Answer me! Where's Grace!?
Frank: You got separated from your kid?
Leah: Grace is my baby...
Frank: I'll find your baby for you lady! First, lets get you someplace safe.
Leah: Just leave me alone!
Leah: They ate her. Those damn zombies ate my baby! Right in front of me...oh god, I've never heard her cry like that! Please... Just leave me alone...
Frank: What, you wanna to stick around with them? With the ones that ate yourlittle girl? Come on! I'm not gonna let you die here!
- Leah's daughter, Grace, does not make an appearance anywhere in the game. This includes both Frank's notebook and the characters section of the game manual.
- If Frank is in:
- A game hour before (5 minutes real time) Otis calls Frank about A Mother's Lament, Otis will call Frank about the Barricade Pair scoop, which is across the walkway in the Weber's Garments store where Frank will find Burt Thompson and Aaron Swoop.
- A Mother's Lament and Japanese Tourists expire on Day 2, September 20, 7:00 am. At the same moment, Otis calls about the Lovers scoop, the first scoop of Day 2.