Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "I won't let you stop the ride gramps! If the ride stops, the zombies come back, and that won't be any fun at all!"
- —Adam, threatening Frank
Adam MacIntyre (also known as Adam the Clown) is a psychopath appearing in Dead Rising and Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop. He was a clown performer found at the Space Rider roller coaster in Wonderland Plaza during the scoop Out of Control.
In Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, it is revealed that he has a brother named Evan MacIntyre, who is also a clown, though since the events of that game are non-canon, it is unknown if Evan actually exists.
In Dead Rising 4, Frank can dress up as Adam as part of the Capcom Heroes game mode.
Out of Control[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Out of Control
Once a clown performing in the Willamette Parkview Mall, Adam went insane when the zombies devoured his audience. When Frank arrived to investigate the malfunctioning Space Rider roller coaster, Adam confronted him with two chainsaws and prevented him from shutting the ride down, as the noise kept the zombies at bay.
After he was defeated, he laughed maniacally as he fell onto his two chainsaws. He died convulsing in laughter as the chainsaws ripped his stomach apart. After retrieving the key card from his body, Frank rescued a mall employee, a janitor named Greg Simpson, from the ride.
Infinity Mode[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Infinity Mode
In Infinity Mode, Adam first appears in the Wonderland Plaza from 0:19:00 to 1:07:00 and is armed with his two Small Chainsaws. In his equipment, he carries a Japanese Radish, a Golden Brown Pizza, an Untouchable, a Frying Pan and a Push Broom. Later Adam appears in Paradise Plaza from 6:00:00 to 6:07:00 and he carries the same items he had before.
It may also be worth noting that Adam does drop two small chainsaws when killed, but they do not reappear near the ride controls as they do in 72-Hour Mode.
Battle Style[edit | edit source]
Adam is highly acrobatic for his large size and often rolls, somersaults and jumps very high in the air throughout the area. He attacks mainly with his dual chainsaws, but he has a variety of other tricks at his disposal. He is also capable of blocking firearm shots or melee attacks with his chainsaws. If he blocks a melee attack, the weapon used against him will break.
- Chainsaws: Adam's main attack is a forward swipe with his chainsaws. He typically performs this attack after rolling forward to close the distance between him and Frank. This attack causes two health blocks of damage. Sometimes, Adam will juggle his chainsaws. This is a Photo Op.
- Spin: Adam will spin in circles with his chainsaws extended in both hands. This attack is capable of sending Frank flying in the air if he is hit. If Adam is hit while performing this attack, even if he blocks it with his chainsaws, it will be interrupted.
- Fire Breath: Adam performs this counter-attack after being knocked over. Adam retaliates by exhaling a gust of flames that sends Frank flying back.
- Hunting Knife: If Frank is in a medium range from Adam, he will throw several hunting knives at Frank in an attempt to hit him. If this attack hits, Frank will be knocked to the floor and a Hunting Knife can be picked up for use. He throws the knifes rapidly, so the only easy way to dodge the knifes is that you move in a horizontal fashion.
- Balloons: If Frank is far away from Adam, he will start to blow a balloon containing an irritant gas. The inflated balloon will bounce slowly towards Frank. If it is popped near Frank or Adam, it will cause anyone in the vicinity (except for zombies) to cough violently and be unable to attack for several seconds. In this state, Adam is unable to attack or defend himself from attacks. He can be shot while blowing up his balloon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He slightly resembles Tim Curry's portrayal of Pennywise from the 1990's adaptation of Stephen King's novel "It".
- Adam is capable to kill a survivor in 1 hit when if he is able to do his spin attack on them. Be wary if you bring survivors to the fight.
- When Adam juggles his chainsaws, a photo op becomes available, worth up to 10,000PP.
- His chainsaws are perfectly clean during the opening cutscene, which could imply that he hasn't used them on survivors nor zombies prior to the fight. It is probably only a minor detail left out by the developers, however.
- He is one of the only psychopaths in Dead Rising series as a whole with an effective ability for any situation, as he has his chainsaws for short range attacks, throwing knives for mid range attacks, balloons for long range attacks, a fire-breathing move for counter attacks, and the ability to block attacks.
- Despite his insanity, he has shown himself to be one of the most intelligent characters in the series given that while everyone was scared of and going insane from the zombies, he managed to take notice of their weakness and take full advantage of it even though he had gone insane as a result.
- In the Japanese version of Dead Rising, Adam's death is slightly censored, as there is very little blood gushing out of him compared to the Western releases.
- On the upper left of his shirt, Adam has a button shaped like a Servbot from Mega Man Legends.
- In Dead Rising 3, Ravi's quest involves Nick finding items so he can make Adam's signature weapon. After he builds it, however, Ravi tosses it to the ground and refuses to use it, saying "How am I even supposed to use this thing? I'll kill myself!" A further reference to Adam, specifically how he dies.
- Adam, Roger,Harjit Singh and Hilde Schmittendorf are the only psychopaths who dual wield weapons.
- If Adam or Brock block an attack, it will negate exactly 90% of the total damage.
- Adam shares some similarities with Slappy, both being children's entertainers who are obsessed with their roles.
- The song that plays during the fight with Adam is from the Dead Rising Original Soundtrack. It's performed by Hideki Okugawa and Marika Suzuki.
- It may also be worth noting that Adam drop two small chainsaws when killed in Infinity Mode, but they do not reappear near the ride controls as they do in 72-Hour Mode.
- In Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, Adam's boss music is replaced with Kent Swanson's.
- During the boss fight, Adam can sometimes become invulnerable due to a glitch. Exiting Wonderland Plaza and re entering may fix this glitch.
- Adam will never target a survivor, even if they are attacking him. The only way to get him to hurt survivors is if he hurts them trying to hurt you. This makes this scoop very easy to win if done after recruiting the survivors from the scoop Japanese Tourists and equipping them with guns.
- Adam is apart of the odd job Clown Circus in Chop Till You Drop. You have to fight 5 Adams there.
- He is similar to Randy Tugman, because both have unique chainsaw that are only usable if they are defeated, but unlike Randy, Adam has dual chainsaws.
- Adam is one of the deadliest enemies in the game, as he can kill you easily with his spin attack.
- Adam called Frank "gramps", even though Frank is a year younger than him. Although Frank does look mature, this could be more attributed to Adam's child-like persona as a performing clown.
- His boss music has been remixed to be used as Frank West's theme in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
- In the movie Dead Rising: Watchtower at the beginning of the movie there is a zombie clown name Bonzo who resembles Adam, which may be a possible reference.
- Adam's laugh keeps playing as he dies and slows down and loses pitch. This is strange, because it sounds like a failing record. It's likely just Adam losing his clown voice and going back to his normal voice, however.
- In Dead Rising Mobile, Adam's signature chainsaws can be found in Lake Park.
- He is the only psychopath in the original Dead Rising to receive his own Steam Trading Card.
- Adam is referenced in Frank's Fun Foto facts, "Only a clown would use this garbage camera, and I freakin' hate clowns!"
- Adam, one of the Twins, Brandon, Zhi, his brother Evan, Albert, and Sergeant Boykin are the only psychopaths killed by their own weapons.
- When Adam falls on his chainsaws, the chain continues to rotate at a speed as though Adam was revving them, though no-one is actually operating them.
- After Adam is defeated, zombies will begin to crowd both of the staircases (which is partially why he didn't want you to stop the ride). Whilst Adam is undeniably psychotic and deranged, most of his actions (such as this one) are mostly understandable; his recognition that zombies are the killers of his audience and that the roller coaster kept them away caused him to accelerate the ride.
- There are also two blood-soaked dolls on one of the cars in addition to Greg Simpson on the roller coaster.
- If Frank uses the Real Mega Buster on Adam, he will block the shot like a normal weapon. However, it still damages 1/8 of his health.
- He can be considered Frank's ''sworn enemy'', he has been mentioned in all of Frank's appearances and his brother wanted to take revenge on Frank.