- "How dare you!? I am Antoine! I am the king of cuisine!"
- —Antoine Thomas, upon Chuck's criticism
He is the owner of Antoine's, a cookware store in Royal Flush Plaza, and calls himself "The King of Cuisine". He was going to be interviewed by a reporter from a famous food magazine, but the zombie outbreak in Fortune City destroys his chance at fame. Unfortunately for Chuck and other sane survivors, he is still under the delusion that the reviewer is on his way, and is using anything that the outbreak can provide to create the perfect dish.
Tastes Like ChickenEdit
Chuck encounters Thomas while searching for a survivor named Cinda Smith in the Cucina Donnacci restaurant in the Food Court. Antoine mistakes Chuck for the magazine reporter, and offers him a meal made from "ingredients" nobody has dared to imagine. His preparation for his meals reveals that he has taken Cinda hostage, and hints that he plans to kill her and serve her as another dish made from human flesh. Antoine goes on claiming that Chuck's readers will love his newest dish, leading to Chuck asking who he meant. Antoine quickly realizes that Chuck isn't the reviewer and Chuck insults Antoine by saying "Who the hell would want to eat THIS?!", referring to the meal he was preparing, possibly after realizing his cooking contained human meat. Antoine, having been enraged, picks up a chef knife and proclaims that he will make Chuck into one of his dishes and attacks.
After he is defeated, he attempts to back away while supporting himself on the counter, but his hand slips, plunging his arm and later his head into the boiling hot grease of the fryer, resulting in him screaming in pain and his death. Once Antoine is killed, Chuck is given the opportunity to unlock the freezer and rescue the captive barkeep inside.
See Tastes Like Chicken.
Antoine is one of the crazed survivors Frank can fight in Sandbox Mode. He appears in his restaurant acting like he does in story mode. Once defeated he will drop his weapon and $25,000.
- If Antoine is killed by a survivor in Chuck's party, he will show up as Located, instead of Dead.
- His voice actor is the same one who voices Earl Flaherty.
- Antoine bears some similarities to Larry Chiang from Dead Rising, both of them being crazed food preparers with a taste for human flesh. They both also run away to heal up by eating, and they both use food as weapons (Larry tosses meat, while Antoine forces an apple down Chuck's throat).
- The song that plays while fighting him is Own Little World by Celldweller.
- This is fitting as Antoine is essentially living in his “own little world” with his delusions of being a great chef and meeting the reviewer.
- When Antoine is killed, a glitch will occasionally occur, causing him to fall through the floor.
- "[The psychopaths] gravitated towards American stereotypes. The trick was to figure out how to take those characters and figure out how they would snap in an outbreak and what they would become....So if you look at the chef in Dead Rising 2, celebrity chefs are a big thing right now and a big part of what you see on TV, so that was an obvious stereotype to go after and then figuring out how this guy has snapped. So the idea of the food critic who was supposed to come and meet him, but the food critic probably became a zombie three days ago and now the chef is capturing survivors and cooking them and serving them. So that’s sort of the process – latching onto key stereotypes and figuring out, what’s the snap."
- Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Creative Director Jason Leigh stated: "Some of the bosses that were too difficult in the eyes of fans – the chef was one example we made sure we tuned those and balanced them a little bit more."
- Oddly enough, Antoine wields a frying pan in combat, even though he picks up a kitchen knife in his pre-fight cutscene.
- ↑ Ryan King, Dead Rising 2: Off The Record Interview, Now Gamer, (June 17, 2011). Interview with Capcom Executive Producer Jason Leigh.
- ↑ Lee Bradley, [ http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9517-Dead-Rising-2--Off-the-Record-Interview---Capcom-Vancouver-s-Jason-Leigh-Goes-On-the-Record.html Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Interview - Capcom Vancouver's Jason Leigh Goes On the Record.], Xbox360 acchievements. (September 07, 2011)