|Dead Rising||Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3||Dead Rising 4|
Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
The Baseball Bat is a weapon in Dead Rising. It has the appearance of a wooden bat normally used in a game of baseball. Instantly recognizable as one of the classic zombie weapons, the baseball bat is effective. Frank swings it horizontally, attacking multiple foes at once. However, the bat breaks comparatively quickly. Its power can be enhanced by the Sports book.
- Primary: Tap the Template:Xbutton button to swing the baseball bat. This attack is capable of knocking down its targets.
- Secondary: Hold down and release the Template:Xbutton button to charge up and swing the baseball bat. This attack is capable of knocking away its target(s). For every zombie killed with the secondary attack, the player is awarded 10 PP.
- Thrown: Hold down the trigger to enter aim mode, then press Template:Xbutton to throw the baseball bat.
- For the secondary attack in Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, Frank must stun a zombie first, then wave the Wii-mote to activate the "Swing Away!" action.
- The baseball bat also appears in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Frank tosses his opponent in the air and hits them off-screen with an oversized version of the bat.
- Frank also uses the bat in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Project X Zone.
- The baseball bat bears a resemblance to a Louisville Slugger baseball bat.