- "There’s a guy standing near the entrance to the Atlantica Casino. It looks like he’s carrying some sort of briefcase."
- —Stacey Forsythe
Janus Razo is looking for an armed bodyguard to take him and his winnings to safety.
Janus Razo is located outside the entrance to the Atlantica Casino in Fortune Park. Janus will call out to Chuck and offers some of his money if he accepts to protect him. Chuck tells Janus that he can follow him to the Safe House if he wants to. Before Janus joins, he will ask if Chuck has a firearm. If not he will refuse to go with Chuck until he gets one. Once he is escorted to the Safe Room he will reward Chuck with $70,000.
Janus reappears in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record with the same role, but he is located in the Food Court instead, on top of the circular platform with the moose head. His reward is also reduced to just $20,000.
- Dialogue of the mission in the Off the Record game files. All text may not be actually used in the final game.
When offering food or weapon: No way, man. The only way to get this case is to take it from my cold, dead hand.
Looking to make some extra cash?
Help out a friend, man! I need some protection!
Hey man, this place has gone CRAZY. I just finished cashing out all my winnings, I come out, and all this crap is goin' on. Can't even spend my new cash. What the hell?
Spending the cash is the least of your worries. Listen, I can bring you to the Safe House where there aren't any zombies to worry about.
Okay, man. I just wanna get my new retirement fund to safety. And hopefully not wreck this new suit.
Whoa, pal. No gun? I'm all for a safe place to ride this out, but this cash can't walk around unprotected. Look, get a gun and then we'll take off. I'll even pay you.
My man has a gun! Me and my cash need some protection. I hope you know how to use that thing?
Just point and shoot, pal. Works every time.
Love the enthusiasm. Get me to safety, and your bank account will thank me.
- Janus will join if the firearm is a water gun.
- Janus will refuse any food or weapons offered to him.
- If Janus dies he will drop his Money Case, breaking the case will drop $50,000.
- The name of the unannounced scoop was taken from the PC version's coding. GameSpot also names the mission the same name.
- Janus's protection of his money case is similar to Gemini Vargas's concern for her money case in the Case Zero mission Win Some Lose Some.
- The author of the official guide uses the name Janus Survivor.
- ↑ Day 2: Afternoon Messages Gamespot
- ↑ Stratton, Stepehen (2010). Dead Rising 2 Prima Official Game Guide. Prima.