Capcom Vancouver, formerly known as Blue Castle Games, was a third party developer of video games.
The company is the creator of several successful baseball sports video games, including The BIGS and The Bigs 2. They also created the sequel to Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2, along with Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Dead Rising 2: Case West and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. A Capcom staff member explained that Blue Castle was picked for Dead Rising 2 because they had an emulator to make more zombies on screen. Blue Castle Games was officially acquired by Capcom after the success of Dead Rising 2, under the name Capcom Vancouver. The company developed Dead Rising 3 and Dead Rising 4.
The company was shut down on September 18, 2018.
Blue Castle Games was formed on July 4, 2005 in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada by three core founders with thirty five years of combined video game experience. Starting with only twelve staff and one game (The BIGS), the company has grown to 170 people with 4 shipped titles. In February 2008, Blue Castle Games won the award for Best New Video Game Company at the 2008 Elan Awards for The BIGS, in a tie with another local Vancouver company. A wide number of developers in Blue Castle Games were formerly of EA Games.
Since the company’s inception, Blue Castle Games has shipped four products with multiple SKUs. As of 2010, according to one of their recruitment pages, Blue Castle is also working on "an unannounced Action project".
|Game Name||Publisher||Ship Date||Platforms|
|The Bigs||2K Sports||June 2007||PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360, and Wii|
|Major League Baseball Front Office Manager||2K Sports||January 2009||PS3, Xbox 360 and PC|
|The Bigs 2||2K Sports||July 7, 2009||PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360, and Wii|
|Dead Rising 2: Case Zero||Capcom||August 31, 2010||Xbox 360|
|Dead Rising 2||Capcom||September 28, 2010||PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Xbox One and PS4|
|Dead Rising 2: Case West||Capcom||December 27, 2010||Xbox 360|
|Dead Rising 2: Off the Record||Capcom||October 11, 2011||PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Xbox One and PS4|
|Dead Rising 3||Microsoft||November 22, 2013||Xbox One and PC|
|Dead Rising 4||Microsoft||December 6, 2016||Xbox One, PC and PS4|
- Capcom Vancouver's studio is on a road called "Still Creek Drive", and they are located next to a small creek that runs across the road. This is possibly why they named the Case Zero town "Still Creek".[Verification needed]
- ↑ Johnny Minkley (2008-11-07). "Blue Castle making Dead Rising 2".
- ↑ Brian Crecente (2008-07-09). "Dead Rising 2: Dead Rising 2 Set in Vegas?". Kotaku.
- ↑ "Blue Castle Games - Games under development". Blue Castle Games. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- ↑ Kollar, Phil. Special Edition Podcast: Dead Rising 2, gameinformer, (May 18, 2010).
- ↑ "2K Sports - The BIGS". 2K Sports. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- ↑ "2nd Annual ELANS Winners". ELAN Awards (2008-02-15).
- ↑ "unannounced Action project". Blue Castle Games (2010-05-27).