Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
It is activated immediately after the previous case, and is completed after collecting all five bombs and bringing them to the Leisure Park exit.
Frank and Brad set off to retrieve the five bombs hidden in delivery trucks in the maintenance tunnels. Meanwhile, Carlito drives around in a truck in an attempt to run over anybody trying to stop his plan. After Frank collects all the bombs, he transports them in a shopping cart to the parking lot exit. The bombs explode and send Frank flying, but the low gas concentration limits the destruction power to a minimum.
Brad and Carlito confront each other in the maintenance tunnel warehouse. Brad manages to shoot Carlito in the gut, but as he approaches, Carlito whips out a knife and stabs him in the back, before kicking him out into the tunnel. Injured, Brad holds up his flashlight and sees an endless sea of zombies surrounding him.
If Frank heads back to the maintenance tunnel warehouse post-cutscene, he finds a dying Brad who will eventually turn into a zombie.
Isabela: Can you hear me Frank? The TIME BOMBS should be located inside several trucks parked in the MAINTENANCE TUNNEL.
As far as I can tell from the security monitors, it looks like they're split up in five locations. He's slashed the trucks' tires, so you'll have to transport the bombs by hand.Hurry to the MAINTENANCE TUNNEL Frank.
Travel to the TunnelsEdit
Starting from the Security Room, travel to the maintenance tunnels. It might be tempting to try using the maintenance doorways from the mall above to get down to the bombs while staying mostly above-ground but there is a definite time advantage of being down in the tunnels.
Frank needs the motorcycle rather than the convertible; while normally the convertible would be better, Carlito has a cement barricade set up just inside the tunnels that only the motorcycle will be able to fit through.
|The map to the left has a recommended order to pick up the bombs. Whether you follow it or not use one or more of the vehicles already in the tunnels - both for the speed advantage they provide, and protection from Carlito.|
Last Bomb CollectedEdit
After the last bomb is collected, Isabela Keyes will call again.
Isabela's call 2
Once Frank picks up the first bomb, Carlito will first appear. He is driving a Delivery Truck and will throw grenades at Frank whenever Frank stops. If Frank is trying to get away on foot, Carlito will run Frank over. The maintenance tunnels offer precious little cover from zombies where getting time to eat is very difficult; it's best to just keep moving and try to get enough of a lead on Carlito for Frank to reach the next bomb before he shows up.
If Frank significantly damages Carlito, he will flee in the truck but will return later.
If Frank defeats Carlito, Carlito's Delivery Truck truck tips over. Brad says he will take care of Carlito while Frank collects the rest of the bombs.
Once Frank picks up the final explosive, Carlito will stop chasing after Frank if he has not already been defeated. Frank needs to take all five bombs to the entrance ramp to complete the Case.
- In the PC version it has been observed that Carlito doesn't take damage every time he's hit. There appears to be a three second delay between each shot where he won't take damage. (This remains to be verified by other players, though it's been observed during multiple mission replays in one game.)
- One way to kill Carlito is to stock up on guns (especially the hidden Uzis) and run to the maintenance room, where you found the maintenance key. There will be a second Uzi there. Carlito will keep trying to ram you, but cannot get through the door for obvious reasons. There you will have a clear and safe place to shoot. The only downside is that once you take care of Carlito, you will most likely not have a vehicle to get through the zombies.
Brad has Carlito pinned down in the Maintenance Tunnel Warehouse but Carlito manages to force Brad out into the zombie-infested tunnels without a weapon.
Brad: Shit! I'm gonna go after him. You get those bombs outside, Frank!
Brad: We got rid of your bombs. This is as far as you go today. Just give up and surrender!
Brad: Your terrorist days are over Carlito. You're finished.
Brad: Well, shit...
Jessie: Frank... Sounds like you took care of the bombs. How's Brad?
Frank: The bombs are over and done with. Brad went after Carlito.
Jessie: Copy... Report back here, Frank.
Frank: Brad? Brad?
Brad: Frank! Don't get any closer!
Brad: Stay away, Frank! Don't get near me!
Frank: What's the matter Brad? Are you hurt? I'm comin' over there Brad... We'll go back together. If you're hurt, we'll patch you up.
Brad: I'm screwed... It doesn't hurt... Not even a little... I'm already dead. Frank... Don't tell Jessie about this.
Snuff Shot BEdit
|Once the cutscene has ended, head back down to the maintenance tunnels, then find Brad (marked on the map, or take a right once you enter, then the first left and the first right after that) for an optional cutscene and the chance to get the photo you need for the Snuff Shot B Achievement.
Maintenance Tunnel KeyEdit
Dead Rising: Chop Till You DropEdit
In the Wii edition of Dead Rising, a thirty minute timer is activated once this case begins. Frank must take the white sedan into the tunnels, while the convertible and the motorcycle are absent. After Frank picks up the second bomb, Otis will call about Kindell's Betrayal and if it is not completed before Frank finds all the bombs, Kendell will leave with Leah Stein, Wayne Blackwell, Jeff Meyer, Natalie Meyer, Jennifer Gorman, and Gil Jimenez.
After the fourth bomb is picked up, Isabela will call saying that the last bomb has been taken, and Frank must get it back from Carlito before it goes off. This can be done by ramming into Carlito's delivery truck as Frank is chasing him. After which, the case is automatically completed and Frank is taken back to the security room.
- The Parking lot is devoid of zombies after the explosion.
- If Frank is not in his vehicle when he defeats Carlito, the vehicle will be gone after the cutscene that occurs.
- If this case is not completed in time, Ending F is unlocked.
- During the cutscene where Brad and Carlito battle in the Warehouse of the Maintenance Tunnel, the on-screen caption of Brad's statement to Carlito reads "Your [sic] finished".
- After collecting all the bombs, if the player tries leaving the tunnels via any of the exits leading directly into the mall, Frank will refuse to do so, reason being that he doesn't want the bombs to detonate indoors.