Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "Hey, bring that over here!"
- —Chris constructing the Barricade
He was found in the Entrance Plaza of the Willamette Parkview Mall trying to help build a barricade. He was killed when Lindsay Harris removed the barricades and allowed zombies to break into the plaza.
- Main article: 72 Hour Mode (Dead Rising)
Chris was first seen erecting a barricade at the Entrance Plaza with Freddie May and Ryan LaRosa. When Lindsay attempted to remove the barricade to rescue her dog, Chris tried to stop her, but was unable to do so.
He was killed when Lindsay let the zombies inside the plaza.
- Main article: Infinity Mode
- Chris is the only victim to die face down when the zombies break into the Entrance Plaza.
- There is no notification of Chris Hines' death on screen after the Introduction cutscene in the Entrance Plaza ends.
- Chris has two different models, one for when he is alive (wears a darker green shirt) and one for when he is dead (wears lighter green shirt). His notebook picture reflects when he is alive.
- He bears a striking resemblance to Chris Redfield of the Resident Evil series. This is ironic as Chris Redfield survives several zombie outbreaks, whereas Chris Hines dies due to a similar kind of outbreak.