Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "There's some young guy wanderin' around in Paradise Plaza. He's carryin' a camera like you. I guess he must be a photographer, too. Takin' pictures at a time like this...You're both crazy!"
- —Otis Washington
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Further information: Photo Op
Speak with Kent. Although he is arrogant, Kent actually provides a solid tutorial for taking pictures.
Kent first wants Frank to shoot a picture of him taking a picture of Frank. Frank must snap a picture worth 500 Prestige Points or more. Make sure Kent is centered and zoomed in so that he is in the frame and snap a photo as soon as he crouches to take a photo of Frank.
Kent wants Frank to take a picture of him in his signature pose. Frank needs to get 700 Prestige Points or higher. Wait for Kent to snap a photo; as he pumps his fist right afterward. Shoot a picture just as he pumps his fist to achieve your goal. You may have to chase Kent down to get this photo.
Photo Challenge scoop
After these two photos are taken, a cutscene appears, and a new Scoop, Photo Challenge, becomes available. To complete this the Photo Challenge scoop, Frank must take the required pictures and return to Colombian Roastmasters (P202) at noon on the 20th.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Kent and Frank
Kent Swanson: Hmmm...well it's in focus, and the composition's okay I suppose... Uh-huh. That ain't half bad! Okay, here comes the next one Frankie. But first, feast your eyes on my work.
Kent: Now this is my most emotionally moving shot.
Kent: This is my sexiest shot.
Kent: Uh-huh, uh-huh, okay, okay... This is my most violent shot. Check it out...
Kent: Okay, Here's the deal Frankie. You've got to go out there and take even better pics than the ones I showed you today! You think you can handle that huh?Frank West: Yeah.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to get the Self Defense Achievement by killing Kent, even when Frank was just supposed to take pictures during Cut From the Same Cloth or Photo Challenge, as he still counts as a psychopath.
- If Frank does not complete this scoop, he will not be given the Photo Challenge and Photographer's Pride scoops and will never have the opportunity to save Tad Hawthorne from Kent Swanson.
- When Frank activates this scoop the screen will go dark. Unlike other scoops that expire, Frank then has at least until day two to complete this scoop. Kent will remain in Paradise Plaza, waiting for his two pictures.
- Like all scoops, Frank cannot be in the plaza/location where the scoop will take place to receive a call from Otis. So, in this case, to receive the Scoop call from Otis Frank cannot be in Paradise Plaza, where Cut From the Same Cloth takes place. If Frank is in Paradise Plaza at 2pm, when the scoop begins, he will not receive a call from Otis until he leaves the plaza. If he stays in Paradise Plaza for too long, Otis will never call Frank, and Frank will lose the scoop.
- The scoop must be completed by 8pm. If Frank is in the middle of talking to or photographing Kent at 8pm, the cinematic for Photo Challenge will play and Kent will disappear.
- Unlike other scoops, the moment Frank locates Kent the scoop is removed from the Scoop Cue and Kent will not start to lose life if Frank leaves the area.
- If Frank attacks Kent instead of talking to him, a shorter dialogue is used.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Dead Rising: Game Script, GameFAQs.com, (January 5, 2009).