- "Those guys were stealing everything. Thanks for saving my life."
- —Denyce, upon reaching the safe house
Denyce worked as a pharmacist at Roy's Mart before the Fortune City zombie outbreak. She was hiding from zombies inside the store when a trio of looters broke into the store. They loot the market as she cowers behind the pharmacy counter. One of the looters gets frustrated with the lack of valuables in the remaining merchandise and demands Denyce to show them the safe. She tries to tell them that the store does not have a safe, but the looter did not believe her and threatens to hit her.
Chuck Greene, seeking Zombrex for his daughter Katey, comes to her rescue and is forced to kill the looters. He finds Denyce hiding from the looters behind the counter, and offers to escort her to the Safe House.
If Chuck arrives after 8:00 p.m., he will find Denyce alone in Roy's Mart. She thanks him for getting here and tells him that the looters have already left. He then offers to bring her back to the Safe House.
- Denyce shares a character model with Sharon Riesinger from Dead Rising 2: Case Zero.
- Denyce is one of few survivors who reanimates as a zombie if killed.
- Denyce is involved in the Alpha vs. Omega achievement as having her be present in the fight against Dwight Boykin and have her attack him. Frank will have to keep her by his side for the three days until he fights Boykin.
- Denyce looks older than 21, implying that her job as a pharmacist is causing her stress.
- For an unknown reason, Denyce has twice as much health as a normal survivor, an attribute she shares in common with Luz Palmer and Tomomi Miyamoto.
- In OTR, this could be to make the Alpha vs. Omega achievement easier, as she has to survive outside the Safe House for three whole days.