- "I killed 48 of 'em during the big outbreak, I ain't gonna let no dead un's get me now."
- —Doris, after being rescued
Doris Elchart is a survivor in Dead Rising 2 found in Fortune City during the mission Lost.... Doris Elchart is a woman with a Southern twang who will not go anywhere without her husband Chad Elchart. She reappears in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record with the same role.
After the outbreak, Doris and Chad were separated during the outbreak and were supposed to meet up at a spot they picked out, but the number of zombies made it difficult to do so. Doris is atop a Souvenir Kiosk surrounded by zombies. She is shooting and fighting back the zombies as she calls out for her husband for help. She will only join Chuck if her husband is brought with him, or informed that he has been evacuated to the Safe House already.
Doris is one of the crazed survivors Frank can fight in Sandbox Mode. She will spawn in Finders Peepers in Palisades Mall with an LMG. Once defeated she drops her weapon and $10,000.
- Chad is 32 years older than Doris.
- She shares the same face model and clothes as Tia Hernandaz of Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and the same top as Leah, only with different colored clothing, shoes and a necklace.
- Doris says in the Safe House that she kept a kill count of 48 zombies while defending herself on top of the souvenir shack.
- As with most couple survivors, if her husband is killed by the zombies or Chuck, Doris will defect and attack Chuck.
- If Chad dies before reaching Doris, it is still possible to only save Doris.
- The notebook lists her as "A feisty grandmother" but she is only 28. However, this could imply that Chad has grandkids from a previous marriage, thus making her their new grandmother.
- Doris will give Erotica points when her breasts are photographed.
- If Chad has already died before talking to Doris and she still joins you, Doris may cry the whole way back to the safe house.