Cases and Missions • Walkthrough • Map • Stores • Survivors • Weapons • Food • Magazines • Clothing
- "D.I.Y. dental work at its finest."
- —Combo card description
It is placed on a zombie's head, which activates the drills and drills through the zombie's skull and brain. It is more of a weapon suited for comedic purposes than one practical for killing zombies, as it takes too long to kill to be useful. The player must also pick the weapon back up after each kill.
This combo weapon is described as:
- "It's a metal bucket with a few drills taped to the outside, pointing in. Slam it on a zombie's head and the drills will make short work of its melon. Yay!"
Attacks and combo card
|Drill Bucket combo card|
|Prestige points||Main: 500 PP
|Main attack (press /)||Slam the bucket down on a nearby zombie's skull. The drills will rev up, shredding the zombie's skull.|
|Description||D.I.Y. dental work at its finest.|
|–All prestige points listed here are halved when the weapon’s combo card is not owned and the player only has a scratch card.|
Combo card location
In Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record, the combo card for the Drill Bucket is unlocked by leveling up. In Dead Rising 2, it is the 1st card out of 34 total cards awarded by leveling, and is generally unlocked at levels 2 or 3.
In Case Zero, a combo card for the Drill Bucket does not exist; only a scratch card may be obtained by finding the required components and combining them.
In Case West, the combo card for the Drill Bucket is in the player's inventory from the start of the game.
Weapon component locations
Dead Rising 2 and Case Zero general locations of weapons needed to make the Drill Bucket:
Case West weapon component locations
Case West locations of weapons needed to make the Drill Bucket:
|Component||Location||Specific location and instructions||Image|
|Bucket||Storage Bay||From the Loading Bay, walk up the large ramp and turn left as soon as you enter the Storage Bay. The bucket is on the ground, a few feet away from the 4x4.|
|Power Drill||Loading Bay||The power drill is in the Loading Bay on the ground, in front of the three small shelves against the wall opposite of the Maintenance Room.|
- The Drill Bucket can be used ten times; however, it breaks before it can complete the animation, rendering the tenth attack useless.
- The Terror is Reality event Headache involves a non-improvised version of the Drill Bucket.
- The Drill Bucket can only be used on zombies.
|Animation name||Animation shared with|
- Frushtick, Russ (August 31, 2010). "'Dead Rising 2' Combo Weapons Guide - Duct Tape Is Your Friend". MTV. Archived from the original on February 20, 2016.
- Crews, Andrew (December 28, 2010). "Dead Rising 2: Case West Weapon Combo Guide". XBLAFans.