|Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3|
- "When you need another set of eyes and guns, Freedom Bear gets the job done."
- —Combo card description
The combination of the two weapons results in a turret-like weapon. When the player sets the Freedom Bear down on the ground, the toy will come to life, shooting at any and all zombies around it. It is best used in congested areas.
This combo weapon is described as:
- "He may look like a cute and cuddly bear, but he is actually an automatic sentry gun. Plop him down and he will be your buddy, protecting the area and looking adorable."
Attacks and combo card
|Freedom Bear combo card|
|Prestige points||Main: 300 PP
|Main attack (press /)||The player will place down the bear and activate it. The bear will then begin to shoot enemies.|
|Description||When you need another set of eyes and guns, Freedom Bear gets the job done.|
|–All prestige points listed here are halved when the weapon’s combo card is not owned and the player only has a scratch card.|
Combo card location
In Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record, the combo card for the Freedom Bear is unlocked by examining the movie poster in front of the men's restroom in the Yucatan Casino. It is a poster with a man wearing a bear suit and carrying a machine gun.
Weapon component locations
Dead Rising 2 general locations of weapons needed to make the Freedom Bear:
- The appearance of the Freedom Bear is a reference to the Rambo film series, in which the main character named John Rambo wears a red bandana.
- The regular robot bear says things like "I love you" in a mechanical voice. But after you turn it into a Freedom Bear, he says "Let's get it on!!"
- The poster where the player finds the combo card for the Freedom Bear is a reference to the poorly-rated Sylvester Stallone movie Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot.
- The player cannot throw the bear or perform any melee attacks with it.
- The PC game file items.txt refers to this weapon as the "TeddyBearSentryGun" (Teddy Bear Sentry Gun).
- Rubenstein, Jeff (June 24, 2010). "Dead Rising 2 E3 Interview". PlayStation Blog. "My favourite is the Freedom Bear. If you take a jumbo teddy bear and combine it with a machine gun, it turns into a sentry with a Rambo headband that you can place in congested areas, and it will mow down zombies with machine gun fire for what seems like hours."
- Frushtick, Russ (August 31, 2010). "'Dead Rising 2' Combo Weapons Guide - Duct Tape Is Your Friend". MTV. Archived from the original on February 20, 2016.