|Dead Rising||Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3||Dead Rising 4|
Cases and Missions • Walkthrough • Map • Stores • Survivors • Weapons • Food • Magazines • Clothing
The handgun is a weapon in Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Dead Rising 2: Case West, and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. The gun is not very powerful, but with well-placed shots, can take down zombies with ease.
It can take anywhere from 2-4 shots in the chest to eliminate one zombie, depending on the stature of the target and precision of shots. As expected, a headshot kills a zombie immediately and it can take 5-7 shots in the limbs for a zombie to go down, again depending on the stature.
- Bob's Fish 'n Hunt (P107)
- Still Creek Movie Theater (PR105)
- Still Creek Pawnshop (PR111) ($500)
- Sheriff's Office (PR112)
Dead Rising 2
- Americana Casino cashier and vault area
- Americana Casino security office
- Americana Casino upper platforms
- Americana Casino - Bennie Jack's BBQ Shack (A101)
- Atlantica Casino poker room
- Atlantica Casino security office
- Atlantica Casino upper platforms
- Fortune City Arena security area
- Fortune City Hotel lobby
- Fortune Park main area
- Palisades Mall - High-Noon Shooting Range (P218)
- Platinum Strip cinema rooftop
- Platinum Strip main area
- Platinum Strip - Cash Gordon's Casino (S102)
- Royal Flush Plaza rooftop
- Royal Flush Plaza - Estelle's Fine-lady Cosmetics (R204)
- Royal Flush Plaza - In the Closet (R102)
- Silver Strip main area
- Slot Ranch Casino bar area
- South Plaza upper platforms
- Tape It Or Die Set
- Underground main tunnel
- Underground - Secret Lab
- Yucatan Casino upper platforms
- Yucatan Casino - Shoal Nightclub (Y102)
Dead Rising 2
- Held by Ted Smith
- Held by Doris Elchart
- Held by Rebecca Chang
- Held by Wade Coopwood
- Held by various zombies (usually police officers)
- Randomly in military cases, garbage containers, cardboard boxes, treasure chests, and handbags
- In Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, there is a design error with Chuck's handgun-holding animation. His left thumb goes through the grip of the handgun.
- The handgun depicted in-game is the CZ 75B with stainless steel finish.
- A review of guns from Dead Rising 2 rates the handgun:
- Holding up to 30 rounds, this is a great weapon to pass on to survivors, while its effectiveness in the hands of the player themself is minimal.
- Blind-firing the handgun makes it highly inaccurate, and apart from headshots, it takes up to four rounds to down a zombie.
- The handgun can be found in many places, from zombified Security Guards to various shop counters, making it one of the most abundantly available firearms.
- Unless a player intends to pass on this weapon to a survivor or for some quick shooting fun, the Handgun is one weapon that a player should not waste his inventory slot for.
- It gets a weak 5/10.
- Incorrectly not listed in the Dead Rising 2 Prima Official Game Guide. In the PC file: datafile.big/tape_die.txt
- Sam Willis, Weapons Guide: Introduction and Firearms Dead Rising 2– PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 & PC, Bettor.com, (May 31, 2011).