- "Take that guy out!"
- —Hazard Units
Hazard Units are psychopaths appearing in Dead Rising 2: Case West, serving as sub-bosses. These are Security Guards in heavily armed suits with Impact Hammers. After fighting the Hazard Units for the first time, more are stationed throughout the Phenotrans Facility.
Battling the Hazard Unit[edit | edit source]
- When fighting a hazard unit, it is best to be extremely aggressive with whichever weapon that is used.
- Chuck can stand on the any raised platform, such as the director's desk and the Hazard Units are unable to attack him.
- Try to get in between the hazard unity when they use their main attack, swing their hammer.
- Constantly staggering a hazard unit with attacks is the main way to fight one with whatever weapon is used. They cannot be knocked down.
- If timed correctly, Chuck can leap into the air to avoid taking damage from their ground pound move.
Case 2-2: Infiltration[edit | edit source]
In Case 2-2: Infiltration, as Chuck and Frank investigate the Director's Office for evidence to clear Chuck's name back in Fortune City, they discover that Zombrex is not synthetic, and that Phenotrans have been using the homeless, prisoners, and missing persons as test subjects for manufacturing Zombrex. This discovery upsets Frank, who throws a box of Zombrex that triggers an alarm. Two Hazard Units enter the office and proceed to attack Frank and Chuck. After defeat, one of the guards are called via radio, asking what their status was. Frank, posing as the Hazard Unit, informs that it was an alarm malfunction and that everything was ok.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Two beneath the Security Outpost
- One in the security office by the lockers in the Security Outpost
- One by the Security Tower
- One in Living Quarters A8
- One in the Research Laboratory
- One in the right side of the Holding Pens
- One in the Secure Lab, to assist Harjit Singh
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is an achievement, Phenotrans Sabotage, for killing five Hazard Units.
- Hazard Units will replace Security Guards at some locations, such as in the security office at the Security Outpost.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Kevin Hall, Dead Rising 2: Case West Walkthrough, IGN, (January 6, 2011).