Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
This M2 Browning machine gun is mounted on the back of a military Humvee, stolen by escaped convicts. It is possible for Frank to pry the weapon from the vehicle after defeating the convicts and use it himself, although it is so big it cannot be stored in the inventory and movement is restricted. It contains 200 rounds and is one of the strongest weapons in the game. It also has great auto aim, capable of headshotting zombies from medium range.
A headshot will instantly kill any zombie or survivor.
- Primary: Tap the button to fire the heavy machine gun and automatically aim at the nearest target.
- Aim: Hold down the trigger to go into aim mode then press the button to fire the heavy machine gun at a specific target.
- The game spells this weapon "Heavy Machinegun" with no space between the machine and gun.
- This was fixed in the Remastered ports, with proper spacing.
- In one night, it is possible to get the gun twice. Kill the Convicts, empty the machine gun, drive the jeep to the Maintenance Tunnels and it will have respawned on the back of the jeep.
- Since the convicts respawn if you do not kill all three of them at once, it is possible to kill Reginald, grab his gun and leave the area. When one has ran out of ammo, all you have to do is get back outside for another machine gun. There is a submachine gun hidden on the tree branch of the large tree with a rock next to it(throw the rock to knock it down) near the parking lot entrance, which is where the convicts do not drive around, so one can simply enter the park from the north plaza entrance, grab the gun, and make short work of the convict for a easy machine gun. This exploit makes the base game a breeze, if one has not already unlocked the Real Mega Buster or the Laser Sword. Note that you have to use up the SMG if you want it to respawn again in the same location.