|Dead Rising||Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3||Dead Rising 4|
Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
It can be used while the player positions themselves behind a wall with the head of the stick outside facing enemies, and shoot out of cover without revealing themselves. This is one of two weapons capable of doing this, the other being the Golf Club.
A headshot will instantly kill any zombie.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Ranged[edit | edit source]
- Primary: Tap the button to automatically shoot hockey pucks at the nearest target.
- Secondary: Hold down and release the button to charge up and shoot hockey pucks.
- Aim: Hold down the trigger to go into aim mode then press the button to shoot hockey pucks at a specific target.
Melee[edit | edit source]
- Primary: Tap the button to swing the hockey stick within melee range.
- Secondary: Hold down and release the button to charge up and swing the hockey stick within melee range.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Hockey Stick and the Golf Club are the only two weapons in the game that can be used as both a melee weapon and a ranged weapon.
- When Frank uses the hockey stick, he will hit hockey pucks for his attack. However, when given to a survivor, they will swing it like a baseball bat.
- The hockey pucks appear to travel in a straight line, rather than an upwards-downwards arc.
- The hockey pucks have seemingly infinite range, being able to hit targets that can only just be seen on the very far horizon. Interestingly, this means that the hockey stick has more range than most firearms such as the pistol, which has a much shorter damage drop-off.