- "Chuck, there's someone in the kitchen at Dining at Davey's in Platinum Strip. he is looking through everything pretty thoroughly. Maybe he has seen some Zombrex."
- —Stacey Forsythe
Hunger Pains is a Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record mission. Richard Kelly is looking for food in Dining at Davey's on the Platinum Strip. In order to recruit him, Chuck must give him some food.
Chuck is notified about a man in a diner on the Platinum Strip. Upon investigation, he finds the diner has been seemingly emptied of all food and a man searching for pies in the display cases. The hungry man, Richard Kelly, a chef, reveals that he has eaten everything in sight due to his stress because of the outbreak. He says he really needs food before he can calm down.
Once he is fed, he will calm down and follow Chuck to the Safe House. Once saved, he will give Chuck some Zombrex, saying he found it while searching for food.
- Dialogue of the mission in the game files.
It looks like someone's searching the shelves at Chris' Fine Foods in the Palisades. Maybe he's seen some Zombrex.
Hey, buddy. You okay?
Oh, I'm awful. This is so horrible!
I know this zombie outbreak is --
I'm starving! I've been all through the Palisades already! It's cleaned out! I HAVE TO EAT when I'm stressed!
I might have something here for you... and the Safe House has some food. We should go there. It's safe.
No, no! I've got to have something else! And soon! I won't have the energy to go far until I eat! I found some other stuff, but who cares if it's not food!
Did you find anything yummy? ... This looks delicious!
That was great! You said you know where there's more food? A Safe House? Yummy! Let's go! Maybe there I could show you the other stuff I found!
I'm not cut out for this. I just can't... Do you smell barbeque?
I want to repay you for what you did. I found this Zombrex while I was looking for something to eat. Maybe you can use it?
- This mission is very similar to the scoop Restaurant Man from Dead Rising.
- Richard will accept mixed drinks.
- If Richard is given spoiled food, he will still say it looks delicious and quickly eat it, then vomit. Chuck will still have to give him some non-spoiled food to recruit him.
- Completion of this mission in Off the Record Gives Frank the chance to complete Snake in the Grass
- When Richard is recruited, Frank may quip "You are a growing boy".
- ↑ This is supported in the PC missions.txt file. Although there is some mention about the mission being failed in this line: "cMissionDialogue fail_d323"