Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
The hunting knife is used with highly effective swipes. The weapon is effective, but with short killing distance, leaving Frank prone to being surrounded. This knife is a common items found easily in every area. They are most commonly found in the hands of yellow Hawaiian shirt-wearing zombies. This is also the weapon the cultists wield (although it's not obtainable from them).
- Primary: Tap the Template:Xbutton button to slash with the hunting knife. Tap the Template:Xbutton button in succession to perform a two hit combo, by swinging the hunting knife to the left, then to the right.
- Thrown: Hold down the trigger to go into aim mode and press the Template:Xbutton button to throw the hunting knife. A zombie hit by this attack will start bleeding out. When a zombie is killed by this attack, 30 Prestige Points are awarded.
- The hunting knife appears to be a KA-BAR Knife, which is actually a combat knife for the USMC.
- When dropped, knives do not actually lay on the ground, instead floating a few inches off the ground.
- When Frank West throws this weapon, he throws it like it is a throwing knife.