Johnny James is a psychopath in Dead Rising 2 during the mission Militia Men. At the age of 22, he is the youngest member of the Hunters group, who are bent on killing survivors and zombies. He reappears in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record with the same role.
In Militia Men, Johnny and his hunting pals murder an innocent man that was wandering in Fortune Park. He and his friends go on about how they believe the zombies and survivors are communists sent to destroy democracy. They are determined to cleanse America of these "traitors", one city at a time.
Johnny James is deadly with a sniper rifle and should be dealt with carefully if attempted to be fought using long distance weapons. Up close in melee combat, he will use a bowie knife and is quick. Chuck can take down Johnny using a quick melee weapon or a firearm from a far.
- He is the only hunter that doesn't say anything during the cutscene; his voice is heard only during the fight against him.
- He is one of only 2 psychopaths in the series to remain completely silent during cutscenes, the other being James Caballero.
- Johnny is voiced by Gabe Kouth, the real life brother of Sam Vincent, who voiced Carl Schliff.[Verification needed]
- In the PC game files, items.txt he is listed under militiamen4
- He has his own falling animation after being killed (fall to his knees and fall on his face) while the rest of the Militia Men stumble backwards and fall on their backs.
- Judging by his confederate tattoo and views on border patrol. Johnny (and very likely the other three hunters as well) could be a neo-confederate/southern nationalist.