|Dead Rising||Dead Rising 2||Case West/Off the Record||Dead Rising 3|
Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
The katana is only capable of hitting one enemy at a time and breaks very easily, making it an average weapon, but is very useful against psychopaths.
Its durability is increased if Frank has the Criminal Biography book in his inventory. It is considered a very useful weapon, as it is effective against both zombies and psychopaths; however, the katana deals minimal damage against other survivors.
- Primary: Tap the button to perform a diagonal slash. Tap the button in succession to constantly attack. Since there is no pause in the attack animation, this will only be interrupted if Frank is attacked or if the weapon breaks.
- Thrown: Hold down the trigger to go into aim mode, then tap the button to throw the katana.
- An infinite supply can be found in Ned's Knicknackery.
- An infinite supply can be found in Ripper's Blades.
- A hidden katana can be found in a yellow ledge below Colombian Roastmasters in the Paradise Plaza.