|Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3||Dead Rising 4|
With its power, fire rate, and ammo count, it is capable of clearing zombies and Psychopaths with ease.
The LMG can be combined with:
- A Robot Bear to create the Freedom Bear
- An Electric Chair to create the Blitzkrieg
- A Dirtbike to create the Machine Gun Bike
It is the default weapon used by Dwight Boykin, and its ammo count is doubled if the player is wearing the Soldier of Fortune Skills Pack. The Soldier of Fortune Skills Pack also increases Chuck Greene's accuracy and adds a unique firing animation when fired while stationary.
Dead Rising 2
|Palisades Mall grotto - hidden in the brush|
|Palisades Mall - Army Surplus Gift Store for purchase|
|Platinum Strip north upper platforms - Cash Gordon's Casino (atop)|
|Yucatan Casino cashier and vault area - On top of the center pyramid|
|Yucatan Casino cashier and vault area - In the room leading to the vault in the Yucatan Casino (not obtainable until Case 3-2: Run for the Money).|
|Royal Flush Plaza - Just in Time Payday Loans for purchase[Verification needed]|
- The LMG is one of 7 weapons that does not spawn if the player is already carrying one. The other weapons are: Magician Sword, Shopping Valuables, Giant Pink Chainsaw, Rocket Launcher (from World's Most Dangerous Trick), Six Shooter, and the LMG. All magazines also have this restriction.
- In spite of this, a loophole exists allowing two LMGs to be carried at once. Because two spawn in the Yucatan Casino and picking up one will not despawn the other, both can be taken when Case 4-2 has been reached.
- As survivors will use the LMG and the game does not check if a survivor is holding one, the 1 item limit of the LMG and Six Shooter can be circumvented by giving it to a survivor, leaving & re-entering the spawn area and picking up another one. This allows the player to have up to 9 of either weapon.
- The LMG is modelled after the M249 PARA, an American variant of the Belgian FN Minimi.
- The items.txt game file for Dead Rising 2 refers to the LMG as the M249.
- When battling Sgt. Boykin, he will occasionally hold his machine gun in one hand and fire it at a faster rate of fire than Chuck can.
- Boykin's machine gun will not spawn if Chuck has one of his own, even after defeating him.
- In Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, on the top of the pyramid in the Yucatan, the LMG is replaced with an assault rifle. Also the one above cash Gordon is replaced by a sniper rifle. The one in the Palisades grotto is missing as well as the Yucatan vault. However, you can find one in the yucatan elevated shrubbery between the food court exit and Baron von Brathaus