Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "I've spotted two people holed up in one of the shoe stores in Wonderland Plaza. A guy and a girl...Must be a couple. Looks like something's wrong though."
- —Otis Washington
Overview[edit | edit source]
Frank West finds a pair of lovers, Ross and Tonya, in Run Like The Wind in Wonderland Plaza. Upon talking to a seriously injured Ross and a hysterical Tonya, Frank finds out that Ross was shot while protecting Tonya. During the talk with the couple, Tonya is deeply worried about her boyfriend and Ross thinks he will be unable to make it. Sometime during the conversation, Ross will ask for a handgun, claiming to want to take revenge.
If Frank obliges his wishes, Ross will then kill himself, causing both him and Tonya to become impossible to save. However, handing over a gun will give Frank the opportunity to get a high-scoring Horror photograph.
If Frank refuses and talks to Tonya instead, he will be able to convince the two to follow him back to the Security Room. Frank will then have to carry Ross and have Tonya follow along as they make their way to safety.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Tonya: We need some help over here! Someone's hurt! It's Ross... Please... You gotta help him!
Frank: He doesn't look so good...
Tonya: He got shot. He was trying to protect me. I did what I could for him. I really tried! But I've never dressed a wound before...
Frank: It's ok. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just let me have a word with him.
Ross: Who... Who are you?
Frank: The name's Frank. I'm a journalist.
Ross: Just don't take my picture ok? I don't want anyone to see me like this.
Frank: Tell it to me straight... How long you think you can hold out?
Ross: I... I cannot feel anything below the waist, man. I don't understand how I can still be alive. Just take care of Tonya for me will ya?
Tonya: Well? Is Ross alright or what?
Frank: Calm down and listen to me ok? First of all, I'm not a doctor. There's not much I can do for his wounds. Secondly, it doesn't take a doctor to see just how badly he is hurt, we might have to leave him.
Tonya: No! Don't say that! Don't! Ross... Ross is still alive dammit!
Ross: Haha... Looks like you got Tonya all worked up... She will not listen to reason when she is like that... You'll have to drag her out of here... I... want her to get out of this alive.
Frank: I understand. But what'll you do?
Ross: Let me borrow a GUN... I want... a chance for revenge.
Ross: Thanks... I'm sorry Tonya.
Tonya: Ross! You! This is your fault! How could you let this happen! Get away from me! I hope you get eaten alive by zombies! Nooo... Ross!
Frank: You can walk, right kiddo? C'mon... Let's go to the Security Room.
Tonya: No way! I'm staying with Ross! If I'm gonna die, I want to be with him!
Frank: Hey! Listen to me! You've gotta come with me. I'll help your boyfriend get going.
Frank: Let me help you up, pal. I don't like the idea of leaving people behind. We can patch you up in the Security Room. Just don't give up on me partway there, alright?
Ross: Lets do it!Tonya: Oh, thank you! Thank you so much!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ross has a Photo Op when he shoots himself in the head, which can be photographed for up to 10,000 PP at the expense of being unable to rescue him or Tonya.
- In Chop Till You Drop, completing this scoop rewards Frank with a Red 9 and $30,000.
- While this scoop is active, the following items can be found in Run Like the Wind:
- Tonya will follow Ross at all times, even if waypoints are set. If Ross dies, Tonya will remain by his body and will not follow Frank. If Frank exits and re-enters the plaza, however, Ross's body will disappear and Tonya will obey Frank's waypoints again.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Hall, Kevin. Dead Rising: Game Script by Berserker, GameFAQs, (January 5, 2009).