Cases and Missions • Walkthrough • Map • Stores • Survivors • Weapons • Food • Magazines • Clothing
Magazines are items found in Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Dead Rising 2: Case West, and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Magazines increase Chuck or Frank's abilities in different ways, so long as they are in his inventory. Magazines are the equivalent to books in Dead Rising and Dead Rising 3 (see Dead Rising 3 Books).
There are 28 magazines available in Dead Rising 2 and two magazines available in Case Zero. In comparison, Dead Rising had 24 books. Magazine's effects are cumulative, meaning the same effects the magazines provide build upon each other, increasing with each magazine. If another player is carrying one in co-op mode, copies will not appear.
Different magazines have different effects. Press when Chuck is holding the magazine in his hands to see the book's effects. None of the magazines have any effect on the durability of combo weapons.
||Dead Rising 2:
Multiple magazines with the same effect (Stacking)Edit
Magazine bonuses stack multiplicative for weapons, which means if one magazine affects a weapon, it's 3 times the durability, 2 magazines is 9 times, and 3 magazines is a whopping 27 times! Weapons that can be triple-booked are:
- Electric Guitar (Games, Domestic, and Toy)
- Baseball Bat (Games, Sports, and Toy)
- Donkey Lamp (Domestic, Toys, and Games)
- Wacky Hammer (Construction, Toys, Games)
- Foam Hand (Toys, Sports, Games)
- Massager (Toy, Domestic, and Games)
Weapons that can be double-booked are:
- Battleaxe (Blades, Sports)
- Broadsword (Blades, Sports)
- Katana Sword (Blades, Games)
- Skateboard (Sports, Skateboarding)
- Fire Axe (Building, Blades)
As an example of a magazine's abilities, for the Katana Sword:
- No magazine: regular number of hits before being destroyed
- One magazine: x3 hits
- Two magazines: x9 hits
PC files sourceEdit
In the PC file items.txt, each magazine has a BuffType number, each weapon that can be effected by a magazine has a AssociatedMagazineType.
- The Building magazine is called "cKnowledgeItem Mgz_Item_Construction_Jackhammer_Weekly" It has a line, BuffType = "9".
- Every weapon which has AssociatedMagazineType of AssociatedMagazineType0 = "9" is effected by the building magazine.
There can be:
- AssociatedMagazineType0 ,
|BuffType numbers for all magazines|
- ↑ Stratton, Stepehen (2010). Dead Rising 2 Prima Official Game Guide. Prima.