- "Maginations? is that really a word?"
- —Frank, upon walking up to the store the first time
Chuck arrives at Moe's Maginations to find it boarded up and barricaded, with the shutter down at the entryway. Behind the shutter is Reinhold, a looter, who Chuck yells at, blaming him for the other looters that attacked him in Roy's Mart. The looter chuckles and says that he must have ran into his pals, not his problem.
- Dialogue of the mission in the Off the Record game files. All text may not be actually used in the final game.
|One Man's Trash|
Frank: Wait a minute. You... you're one of those punks that tried to jump me in Roy's Mart.
Reinhold: Whatever. Might have been one of my pals, grampa. We're just businessmen, seeking out merchandise for our valuable customers.
Reinhold: Feel free to browse any of our four pawnshops set up around Fortune City. There's this one here, and the others are in the Silver Strip, Royal Flush Plaza and the Palisades Mall.
Reinhold: We've got lots of valuable merchandise, pal. I wouldn't turn your nose up at it. We could really help you out of a jam. Always here for a desperate man.
Reinhold: Ok, let's go.
- If Chuck goes to the other pawnshops in the Palisades Mall, Royal Flush Plaza or Yucatan Casino before he talks to the looter in Moe's Maginations, he will find that they are locked.
- The game coding calls this mission "PawnShopScoop" (i.e. Pawn Shop Scoop).
- This Off the Record mission is nearly identical to Dead Rising 2.
- If the player never encounters Denyce, this mission will still be available, albeit unlisted. Chuck will also still mention how the looters attacked him in Roy's Mart, despite this not actually happening.
- On rare occasions, the barricade will not disappear after talking to Reinhold, and Chuck will be trapped inside the store with no way to get out.
- ↑ Dead Rising 2 Off the Record playthrough part 4 HD Xbox EARLY, Youtube, (October 8, 2011).
- ↑ Mod:Game text/Off the Record