Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "Wh-Wh-Who's there? Stay-Stay back! Stay back! Get-Get any closer an' I'll-l-l light this place up! I suppose you came here to l-l-laugh at me too?!"
- —Paul, when noticing Frank
Long Haired PunkEdit
- Main article: Long Haired Punk
Frank investigates the Casual Gals store and encounters Paul as he is terrorizing Mindy Baker and Debbie Willett. He accuses them of laughing at him, and threatens them with a Molotov Cocktail. As Frank approaches, Paul notices him when he knocks over a gas can. Paul tells Frank to stay away from him, forcing Frank to fight back.
After he is defeated, Paul tries to light up another Molotov cocktail. As he finally succeeds, he stumbles over the same gas can Frank knocked over, sending him crashing onto the floor. The Molotov lands in his lap and lights him on fire, providing Frank with a photo op.
If Frank chooses to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher, Paul will apologize for what he did, claiming he didn't know what he was thinking. He then agrees to cooperate with Frank if he'll escort him to the security room. After his defeat, Frank will also be able to recruit Mindy Baker and Debbie Willett.
- Main article: Paul's Present
Otis will later call Frank on the radio saying that some guy named 'Paul' wants to talk to him. He first asks Frank to promise a helicopter will be arriving to rescue them, then requests him not to reveal to any of the others what he had done. Frank agrees, and in return Paul provides him with a supply of Molotov cocktails.
- Main article: Infinity Mode
In Infinty Mode, Paul first appears in the Entrance Plaza from 0:00:00 to 0:19:00 and is armed with Molotov Cocktails, Pipe Bombs and Explosive Toy Cars. In his equipment he carries a Squash, an Orange Juice, a Well Done Steak, a Lead Pipe and Bowling Ball. Later Paul appears in Wonderland Plaza from 6:19:00 to 7:00:00 and he carries the same items he had before.
Paul attacks with various explosives, including pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails. He will spend most of the battle running away from Frank, making him unique among the Psychopaths of Dead Rising. As he is not immune to the explosion of his own attacks, he can be damaged if he is within the radius of the explosion.
- Pipe Bombs: As Paul runs away, he will regularly drop pipe bombs on the floor. They explode after seconds, creating a trail of explosions behind him to keep Frank at distance.
- Molotov Cocktail: On occasion, Paul will stop to light up a Molotov cocktail. He will then lob it at Frank, causing an explosion that deals heavy damage and sends Frank flying. If Paul is hit while he is trying to throw the Molotov cocktail, he will drop it, causing it to explode where he stands.
- Remote-Controlled Cars: Paul is also capable of sending remote-controlled cars rigged with explosives at Frank. The cars will travel towards Frank and explode once they are in contact with him. They can be shot and detonated at a safe distance.
- Paul's last name, Carson, is a reference to the word arson, which relates to his pyromaniac tendencies.
- Paul is one of two only psychopath in Dead Rising that can be rescued as a survivors. The other is Isabela Keyes.
- The song that plays during the fight with Paul is from the Dead Rising OST. It is performed by Hideki Okugawa and Marika Suzuki.
- When he throws a Molotov at you he will usually laugh. If you take a picture of him laughing you will earn quite a few Prestige Points.
- Unlike most psychopaths, his theme is a Dead Rising original soundtrack.
- Paul is one of few psychopaths in the series who can be rescued, the others being Isabela, Bibi, Snowflake, Diego and Kenny. Cletus can also be rescued, but only in Chop Till You Drop.
- If Paul is killed with one of his own weapons in Infinity Mode, then his cardboard box does not appear. Although he appears as soon as the game starts, this can be troublesome since his second appearance isn't until 6 days and 19 hours in-game.[Verification needed]
- You gain more PP from Paul than any survivor in Dead Rising. Actually, this is true for any single character in the entire series - If Frank defeats Paul, then saves him, gets him back to the safe house, then promises to keep his secert safe; then Frank will be rewarded with a total of 130,000 PP.
- If you wait too long to start Long-Haired Punk, Mindy and Debbie will die. However the cutscene will still show them cowering in the closet.
- Paul is essential for the Transmissionary achievement because Otis calls for Paul's Present, but this scoop will not be available if Paul was not saved.
- Paul bears a slight resemblance to Ozzy Osbourne due to his long black hair, glasses, palish skin, and black attire.
- Paul does not appear in Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop. Among all cut psychopaths, he is the only one to not reappear as a zombie. Instead, Cletus can be saved and will sell you firearms.
- If Paul is saved, he will have no voice while being escorted.
- It should be noted that the only object that can put out the fire is a fire extinguisher, however it may take a while to put it out and he will most likely require healing afterwards.
- Paul is one of the youngest survivors, along with Kelly Carpenter.
- Paul is the second youngest psychopath in the series after Brent Ernst. However, if count Snowflake the Tiger, he is third.