Paul "The Mauler" Lazenby is an unseen character heard in Dead Rising 2. He is a commentator for the Terror is Reality game shows, alongside with Don Andrews. Paul was once a contestant in Terror is Reality and even a champion, going by the name The Mauler, before retiring and working as a commentator. Paul tends be much more casual and innapropriate during commentary, for example: telling Don, who maintains a more professional manner, that he has slept with his wife, or that Don is gay. He only speaks during the Terror is Reality multiplayer mode.
It is unknown if he survived the outbreak in Fortune City.
Oh these guys really like to play rough.
Paul: Yeah them balls were bouncing together so rough I thought I was in your mom's bedroom. [laughs]
Woah I think that hit reverberated through the time space continuum.
The what and the who?
This is one seriously dangerous sport.
Those guys hit head on.
Paul: Oh I hate hitting head on. It hurts.
Boom, crash, bang, splat, that one had everything.
Paul: You forgot kablamo Don, kablamo
Ah, that looked more than just a friendly pat there, Paul
Paul: Yeah, I learned all about that during my community service. Apparently no really does mean no Don.
Oh talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place.
Paul: A cock and a hard what?
Woah, that was quite a big hit. They both look a little rattled
Paul: You said it Don. Hell I am sittin' all the way up here, and I'm a little bit rattled.
Man that hit looked like a car crash.
Paul: Yeah, I was in a car crash once, if I wasn't so drunk it would have been terrifying.
Oh that hit looked bad, I'm thinking an arm was lost there.
Paul: Ah don't worry Don that zombies got another one.
Holy cow, the dents in those balls are going to need to be buffed out.
Paul: Ah there's nothing like a good ball buffing.
That hit was damn hard. I'd be surprised if they get up.
Paul: They better get up, no chance of winning if you are unconscious.
Woah looks like there's some flirtation going on out there.
Paul: Well if you ask me there's better places to meet women then the zombie pens, although it has worked out well for me.
Boy Paul I can't remember the last time I saw so many balls colliding.
Paul: Yeah, except for that time back in college, right Don, eh?
So Paul, what kind of approach do you want to take in this sort of event?
Paul: The fastest one possible, Don. The one that results on guts on the floor in the greatest quantity in the least amount of time
So Paul any sage advice regarding the subtleties of this event?
Paul: Subtleties? There ain't no subtleties. You get on the bike, mow em down, and watch em bleed.
Tell me Paul, what makes these bonus zombies so special?
Paul: Points Don. Its all about the points.
Timing is absolutely key in this event
Paul: You bet Don, if your aim is off even by a little bit, them zombies are gonna be flying all over everywhere
- Paul Lazenby is a Canadian Mixed-Martial Arts champion, professional wrestler, stunt-man and actor in real life and actually goes by the nickname, "The Mauler". This, as with "The Sidewinder" Album or Playboy, is one of the very rare instances of real-life persons or entities also existing in the Dead Rising Universe.
- Don and Paul have over 90 minutes of speaking lines, more than any other character in Dead Rising 2.
- Paul Lazenby plays Larry in the Dead Rising: Watchtower film.
- Dead Rising 2: Don and Paul banter, Youtube. "Yeah, I learned all about that during my community service. Apparently no really does mean no Don." "Yeah, I was in a car crash once, if I wasn't so drunk it would have been terrifying." "Well if you ask me there's better places to meet women then the zombie pens, although it has worked out well for me."
- paullazenby.com, Paul Lazenby's blog, "Ded Rising 2", Home page.
- donsvoice, Twitter, "Pick up a copy and check out the fun my friend Paul Lazenby and I had."
- Dead Rising 2: Don and Paul banter, Youtube.