Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
Photography is a game mechanic present in the Dead Rising series. The main incentive is to capture unique photographs to score Prestige Points (generally referred to as PP Points.)
Photo Ops refer to special survivors actions that can be photographed for large amounts of Prestige Points. Most psychopaths have photo ops during their encounters, whereas only a number of survivors do. Once a photo op is successfully photographed, it will not appear for the rest of the playthrough. Some photo ops require certain conditions to occur. Photo Ops return in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record starring Frank West.
It made its introduction in Dead Rising, to go along with protagonist Frank West; a photographer. After taking thirty pictures, Frank must replace the batteries of his camera in one of the camera stores around the mall.
Photography was absent in the sequel; Dead Rising 2 and its prologue; Case Zero as the protagonist; Chuck Greene is a former motocross champion. Unlike Frank, Chuck has no interest in the media, and has a much more personal motive to fight, such as keeping his infected daughter alive.
Along with Frank, photography returned in Case West, the epilogue to Dead Rising 2. This time however, Chuck himself can take evidential photographs (albeit with a significantly less advanced camera than Frank's) as plot involves the exposure of criminal pharmaceutical company; Phenotrans.
In Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Frank takes pictures with a digital camera and is able to perform a move on a zombie, where he extends his arm with camera in one hand, and his other arm around the zombie's shoulder and takes a typical "cheesy, tourist" photo.
Chop Till You DropEdit
The opening cutscene of Dead Rising shows Frank and Ed DeLuca in a helicopter on their way to Willamette. Frank explains that he received a tip-off that something big was going down in Willamette, and orders Ed to fly them over the main street so he can take some pictures of what he believes to be a mass riot.
This segment acts as a tutorial for the player to learn how to take pictures and gain some experience. There are four major opportunities to be photographed, each of which can rack up some major PP Points.
NOTE - Pressing the "START" button will skip the helicopter ride and bring you straight to the rooftop.
The first major event comes when Frank and Ed spot a lone motorist desperately fending off a group of zombies from atop his vehicle. He swings his baseball bat wildly before noticing the helicopter and waving for assistance. However, he is soon outmatched when the zombies drag him down and devour him.
This photo opportunity can score the player up to 400 PP Points. Using the camera zoom function, and making sure to capture the zombies in the shot can help increase the score.
School Bus Edit
The second event depicts a swarm of zombies gathered around a school bus at an intersection. Presumably trying to get to the person(s) inside, they are repeatedly pounding on the windows and rocking the bus. There is not much action taking place, but the scene itself offers between 100-300 PP Points if photographed. Again, the more zombies in the shot, the better.
Gas Station ExplosionEdit
Thirdly, as Ed and Frank fly by, the Tornado Gas Station suddenly explodes, sending numerous burning zombies hurtling across the street. This presents a golden opportunity to score some PP Points in the high hundreds. Timing the shot for the explosion is key here, as unexpecting players may miss this chance.
Woman in TroubleEdit
Finally, right after the gas station explosion, just as Ed begins to take the helicopter up, Frank demands he get closer to a certain building as he can see activity on the rooftop.
It turns out there is a crowd of zombies closing in on a woman. The woman is armed with a handgun, but soon runs out of ammo. She then throws her gun at a zombie and flails her arm at the helicopter to signal for help. Unfortunately, three zombies grab her and she loses her balance and falls, her body (and the zombies) splatters as it hits the pavement below.
This event can score the player up to 700 PP Points. Timing is also useful here, and the player should aim to shoot just as the woman falls, and again mid-fall.
Frank can get new camera batteries once the previous ones die through taking too many pictures in three locations.
- Cam's Camera in Paradise Plaza, convenient as it's right outside the warehouse.
- Pearly White's Photo in North Plaza
- Philo's Photos in Wonderland Plaza
Psychopath photo opportunity listEdit
Photo Opportunities give Frank extra Prestige points by snapping a shot of certain characters as a yellow PP icon appears over their head when they perform a certain action.
A shot of every Photo opportunities can be taken on every playthrough, but each shot can only be taken once per playthrough.
|Jeff Meyer and Natalie Meyer||Love Lasts a Lifetime||Hugging|
|Kent Swanson||Cut From the Same Cloth, Photo Challenge or Photographer's Pride||During a Jump Kick.|
|Adam MacIntyre||Out of Control||Posing after juggling chainsaws.|
|Greg Simpson||Out of Control||Beckoning for Frank to follow him.|
|Yuu Tanaka and Shinji Kitano||Japanese Tourists||Bowing upon joining Frank's party.|
|Cletus Samson||The Gun Shop||When Cletus shoots Frank he swigs some wine to celebrate|
|Ross Folk||Lovers||Shooting himself in the head after Frank gives him a handgun.|
|Steven Chapman||Case 2-3: Medicine Run||Steven Chapman tries to dash toward Frank with his Weapon Cart.|
|Cliff Hudson||The Hatchet Man||Jumping into one of the trapdoors at Crislip's Home Saloon.|
|Ronald Shiner||Restaurant Man||Laughing after given food.|
|Needed||Kay Nelson||Above the Law||Killed by Frank or Jo while she is still tied up.|
|Needed||Lilly Deacon||Above the Law||Killed by Frank or Jo while she is still handcuffed.|
|Needed||Kelly Carpenter||Above the Law||Killed by Frank or Jo while she is still handcuffed.|
|Needed||Janet Star||Above the Law||Killed by Frank or Jo while she is still handcuffed.|
|Needed||Jo Slade||Above the Law||Poses with her handgun. After 9 shots Jo will reload and do her pose.|
|Needed||Isabela Keyes||Case 4-2: Girl Hunting||Jumps a ramp in North Plaza.|
|Needed||Nick Evans||Hanging by a Thread||Hanging from the giant rabbit.|
|Needed||Sally Mills||Hanging by a Thread||Hanging from the giant rabbit.|
|Jolie Wu and Rachel Decker||The Woman Who Didn't Make It||Hugging her friend Rachel. Up to 20,000 PP?|
|Needed||Jack Hall||Mark Of The Sniper||high-fiving his father Roger after shooting Frank.|
|Needed||Roger Hall||Mark Of The Sniper||High-fiving his son Jack after shooting Frank.|
|Needed||Sean Keanan||A Strange Group||Praying. Leave Colby's during the fight and come back. Open the door to Screen 4 to see Sean praying.[Verification needed]|
|Needed||Nathan Crabbe||A Strange Group||While tied up, allow Sean to kill any of the survivors, or Frank kills them himself|
|Needed||Beth Shrake||A Strange Group||While tied up, allow Sean to kill any of the survivors, or Frank kills them himself|
|Needed||Ray Mathison||A Strange Group||While tied up, allow Sean to kill any of the survivors, or Frank kills them himself|
|Needed||Michelle Feltz||A Strange Group||While tied up, allow Sean to kill any of the survivors, or Frank kills them himself|
|Gil Jimenez||The Drunkard||Posing during his conversation.|
|Needed||Paul Carson||Long Haired Punk||Laughing after a Molotov Cocktail hits Frank during the fight.|
|Paul Carson||Long Haired Punk||While Paul burns after accidentally setting himself on fire.|
|Needed||Larry Chiang||Case 8-4: The Butcher||When Larry is low on life he will run over to a bucket of meat and eat from it.|
|Brock Mason||Overtime||Rotating his arm before grappling Frank.|
End of game photography bonusEdit
Excellent photography locationsEdit
- To take close up pictures of zombies, behind the counter of Crislip's Home Saloon is an excellent location.
- Since Zombies cannot get into the Al Fresca Plaza fountain, this is also an excellent location to take zombie close ups.
- Leisure Park is an excellent place to take full profile photos of zombies.
Small item picturesEdit
- Josh's Jewels in Paradise Plaza is an excellent place to take close up pictures of small items. Destroy the 4 chairs and place the items on the low table. Watch Frank's shadow though.
- During the daytime, in Wonderland Plaza inside the railing next to the south side bunny balloon, with green carpet.
- Avoid the rooftop vent platform, as the natural light is unpredictable. During the brightest part of the day the stark reflection ruins small item pictures. Josh's Jewels is a better location.
Large item picturesEdit
- Women's Lib in (E204). Has good lighting. With green walls and a brown floor. The display windows base is pure white for smaller items.
- Colombian Roastmasters (Al Fresca Plaza). Has a brown and pink background.
- Kid's Choice Clothing Has a yellow wall and purple floor. Where the Stuffed Bear is located.
In Dead Rising, taking pictures at a certain time or of a certain body part will score you PP bonuses, giving you more points. The bonuses include:
- Erotica - Taking pictures of interesting parts of female characters' or even female zombies' bodies will score you this bonus.
- Horror - Taking pictures of zombies or events with graphic gore will score you this bonus.
- Outtake - Taking pictures of zombies with gag items on their heads or something funny will score you this bonus.
- Brutality - Taking pictures of blood & violence will score you this bonus.
- Drama - Taking pictures of dramatic events will score you this bonus.
- No Genre - Taking pictures of things that don't qualify as any of the other categories will score you this bonus.
- Photo Ops - Taking pictures of certain survivors' actions when the Photo Op symbol appears can score up to 10,000 PP at a time.
- PP Stickers - Taking pictures of notable landmarks in the mall can score up to 1,000 PP at a time.
The following is a list of various confirmed Bonus Photos that can be taken in Dead Rising:
- The motorist getting mauled by Zombies (Brutal)
- Zombies attacking the school bus (Basic)
- The gas station exploding (Brutal)
- The woman falling off the roof (Brutal)
- Carlito Keyes leaning against the wall (Basic)
- The Zombies trying to get through the barricade (Horrific)
- Ryan LaRosa beckoning Frank to help him hold the barricade (Dramatic)
- Lindsay Harris covering her face (Dramatic)
- Brian Reynolds and Todd Mendell arguing (Dramatic)
Verlene Willis comforting Dana Simms (Dramatic)
Mark Quemada brandishing his Baseball Bat (Dramatic)
Alan Peterson griping at Kathy Peterson (Dramatic)
Zombies eating Kathy’s corpse (Brutal)
Zombies eating Alan’s corpse (Brutal)
Zombies eating Verlene’s corpse (Brutal)
Zombies eating Dana’s corpse (Brutal)
Zombies eating Mark’s corpse (Brutal)
Zombies eating Todd’s corpse (Brutal)
Zombies eating Brian’s corpse (Brutal)
Zombies eating Chris Hines’ corpse (Brutal)
Zombies eating Ryan’s corpse (Brutal)
Zombies eating Freddie May’s corpse (Brutal)
Zombies eating Lindsay’s corpse (Brutal)
Love Lasts a Lifetime
- Jeff Meyer putting his hand to his forehead (Dramatic)
- Jeff tugging at his collar after returning his Golf Club for the first time (Dramatic)
- Jeff hugging Natalie Meyer (Dramatic - Photo Op)
- Jeff talking to Natalie after being reunited (Dramatic)
- Jeff's wedding ring (Dramatic)
- Natalie's wedding ring (Dramatic)
- Natalie's pelvic region (Horrific)
- Jeff talking to Natalie in The Security Room (Dramatic)
Cut from the Same Cloth
- Kent Swanson swinging his gun while talking (Brutal)
- Kent putting his hands on his hips (Dramatic)
- Kent kneeling while using his camera (Dramatic - Scoop Objective)
- Kent doing a jump kick (Brutal - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Kent griping at Frank if he tries to leave Paradise Plaza before completing The Scoop (Dramatic)
- Kent performing his "signature cool pose" (Dramatic - Scoop Objective: 700 PP Max)
Case 1-2: Backup for Brad
- Brad Garrison aiming his Handgun (Brutal)
- Carlito firing his P90 (Brutal)
- Carlito pointing his P90 at Frank when he gets close (Dramatic)
- Carlito pulling the pin out of a grenade (Brutal)
Case 1-3: An Odd, Old Man
- Brad beckoning Frank to follow him (Dramatic)
- Brad stretching out his arm while brandishing his Handgun (Dramatic)
- Burt Thompson panting after being hit by Frank 5 times (Dramatic)
- Aaron Swoop covering his face (Dramatic)
- Aaron backing away in fear when Frank approaches him if Burt is killed (Dramatic)
- Burt soluting Frank after returning his Baseball Bat for the first time (Dramatic)
- Burt comforting Aaron in The Security Room (Dramatic)
Man in a Bind
- Bill Brenton calling out for help when the pile of boxes is removed (Dramatic)
- Bill putting his hands on his hips (Dramatic)
- Bill looking around in confusion at the entrance to the store (Dramatic)
- Burt talking to Bill in The Security Room (Dramatic)
A Mother's Lament
- Leah Stein covering her face (Dramatic)
- Leah sobbing on the floor (Dramatic)
- Leah's ankle wound (Horrific)
- Jeff consoling Leah in The Security Room (Dramatic)
- Sophie Richards running around in a panic (Basic)
- Sophie sitting down in The Security Room (Erotic - Scoop Objective)
The Gun Shop
- Cletus Samson drinking a Bottle of Wine (Dramatic - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Zombies eating Cletus' corpse (Brutal)
Out of Control
- Adam MacIntyre laughing wildly (Hilarious)
- Adam jumping towards Frank (Hilarious)
- Adam posing after performing his spin attack (Hilarious)
- Adam staggering after performing his spin attack (Hilarious)
- Adam spraying sulfidic gas (Brutal)
- Adam throwing knives (Brutal)
- Adam inflating a balloon (Hilarious)
- Adam dazed after a balloon pops on him (Hilarious)
- Adam juggling his Small Chainsaws when Frank gets really far away from him (Hilarious - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Adam posing after juggling his Small Chainsaws (Hilarious)
- Greg Simpson beckoning Frank to follow him (Dramatic - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Greg looking up at the panel in the ceiling of the women's restroom (Dramatic)
- Yuu Tanaka and Shinji Kitano glaring at each other (Dramatic)
- Yuu and Shinji bowing in apology (Hilarious - Photo Op)
- Yuu talking to Shinji in The Security Room (Dramatic)
Shadow of the North Plaza
- David Bailey backing away in fear when Frank approaches him (Dramatic)
- David clutching his head (Dramatic)
- David's wedding ring (Dramatic)
Case 2-2: Rescue the Professor
- Professor Barnaby hanging above the horde of Zombies (Horrific)
- Carlito firing his Sniper Rifle (Brutal)
Case 2-3: Medicine Run
- Jessie McCarney sitting on the couch (Erotic - Scoop Objective)
- Steven Chapman propelling his cart forward (Hilarious - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Steven Chapman riding his cart (Dramatic)
- Zombies eating Steven's corpse (Brutal)
- Tonya Waters crying (Dramatic)
- Ross Folk sitting on the floor (Dramatic)
- Ross' chest wound (Horrific)
- Tonya waving her arms (Dramatic)
- Tonya crossing her arms (Dramatic)
- Ross shooting himself if Frank gives him a Handgun (Dramatic - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Tonya holding her hands to her head if Ross shoots himself (Dramatic)
- Tonya sobbing next to Ross' body if he shoots himself (Dramatic)
- Tonya holding out her arms in disbelief (Dramatic)
- Tonya griping at Ross in The Security Room if both are saved (Brutal)
- Gordon Stalworth cowering in fear (Dramatic)
- Gordon trying to crawl away after being hit by Frank (Dramatic)
- Pamela Thompson banging on the glass (Dramatic)
- Heather Thompson covering her mouth (Dramatic)
- Heather crossing her arms (Dramatic)
- Heather's pierced belly button (Erotic)
- Heather's exposed thong (Erotic)
- Pamela arguing with Heather in The Security Room if both are saved (Brutal)
Case 3-1: The Professor's Past
- Jessie kneeling next to Professor Barnaby (Dramatic)
The Hatchet Man
- Any of the decapitated Zombie corpses hanging from the ceiling (Horrific)
- Cliff Hudson jumping into a maintenance hatch (Dramatic - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Zombies eating Cliff's corpse (Brutal)
- Josh Manning backing away in fear when Frank enters The Empty Store (Dramatic)
- Barbara Patterson backing away in fear when Frank enters The Empty Store (Dramatic)
- Rich Atkins backing away in fear when Frank enters The Empty Store (Dramatic)
- Ronald consuming the food Frank offers him (Dramatic)
- Ronald laughing after consuming the food Frank offers him (Hilarious - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Ronald raising his arms in curiosity (Dramatic)
- The True Eye Cultists gathered around the box (Dramatic)
- The box Jennifer is trapped in (Basic)
Case 4-2: Girl Hunting
- Isabela driving over a ramp (Brutal - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
Above the Law
- Jo Slade blowing smoke from her gun (Dramatic - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Kelly Carpenter handcuffed to the table on the left (Dramatic)
- Lilly Deacon handcuffed to the table on the right (Dramatic)
- Janet Star handcuffed to the table on the right (Dramatic)
- Kay Nelson's pelvic region while tied to the chair (Erotic)
- Janet's breasts (Erotic)
- Kay's belly button (Erotic)
Hanging by a Thread
- Nick Evans danging from the giant "WILLAMETTE" rabbit (Dramatic - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Sally Mills dangling from the giant "WILLAMETTE" rabbit (Dramatic - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
Mark of the Sniper
- Wayne Blackwell cowering in fear (Dramatic)
- Jack Hall high-fiving Roger Hall after one of them shoots Frank (Dramatic - Photo Op)
- Floyd Sanders raising his arms inquisitively (Dramatic)
The Woman Who Didn't Make It
- Jolie Wu hunched over, sobbing (Dramatic)
- Jolie hugging Rachel Decker (Dramatic - Photo Op: 20,000 PP Max)
- Ronald griping at Frank (Brutal)
- Ronald consuming the food Frank brings him (Dramatic)
- Ronald jumping in celebration after consuming the food Frank brings him (Hilarious)
- Ronald pumping his fist excitedly (Hilarious)
Case 5-1: A Promise to Isabela
- Isabela being attacked (Brutal)
Case 6-1: Santa Cabeza
- Jessie lying unconscious on the couch (Basic)
- Isabela observing Jessie next to the couch (Basic)
- Professor Barnaby's corpse (Basic)
Floyd the Sommelier
- Floyd holding up the Bottle of Wine Frank brings him (Dramatic)
A Strange Group
- Sean Keanan praying to the effigy after leaving Colby's Movieland, then returning (Dramatic - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Cheryl Jones' cleavage (Erotic)
- Cheryl talking to Heather in The Security Room if Pamela was not saved (Dramatic)
- Paul Carson laughing after hitting Frank with a Molotov Cocktail (Dramatic - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Paul burning after being defeated (Hilarious - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
The Woman Left Behind
- Susan Walsh bent over on top of the giant, inflatable soccer ball (Dramatic)
- Susan panting in exhaustion while trying to follow Frank (Dramatic)
- Gil Jimenez drinking from his Bottle of Wine (Hilarious)
- Gil pointing to his eyes (Hilarious - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Gil slapping the floor (Hilarious)
- Gil laughing (Hilarious)
- Kent doing a jump kick (Brutal - Photo Op: 10,000 PP Max)
- Kent's corpse (Basic)
- Tad Hawthorne tied up on the ground (Dramatic)
- Tad shaking his fist in anger (Brutal)
- Cheryl bending over (Erotic - Scoop Objective)
- Cheryl reclining on the floor (Erotic - Scoop Objective)
- Cheryl lying on her side (Erotic - Scoop Objective)
- A Survivor consuming food (Dramatic)
- A Survivor being attacked by a Zombie (Brutal)
- A Survivor getting angry after being hit by Frank (Brutal)
- An armable Survivor celebrating when given a Sledgehammer (Hilarious)
- An armable Survivor celebrating when given a Handgun (Hilarious)
- An armable Survivor celebrating when given an SMG (Dramatic)
- An armable Survivor celebrating when given a Shotgun (Hilarious)
- Zombies eating the corpse of a dead Survivor (Brutal)
- A Survivor being infected after getting killed by Zombies (Brutal)
- A Survivor that has been Zombified (Horrific)
- The corpse of a Zombified Survivor (Horrific)
[THIS SECTION WILL CONTINUE TO BE UPDATED]
In Case West, only PP stickers return.
Case West Photo Opportunities Edit
- See Professional Photography for the Prestige Point stickers
Off the RecordEdit
Off the Record Prestige Point StickersEdit
Off the Record Photo OpsEdit
There are more photo ops that have yet to be posted.
|Carl Schliff||Mentioning to Frank about messing with mail.|
|Amber Bailey||Performing a sexy pose (multiple photo ops).|
|Crystal Bailey||Performing a sexy pose (multiple photo ops).|
|Antoine Thomas||Eating food.|
|Snowflake||Roaring before tamed.|
|Randy Tugman||Poses with Giant Pink Chainsaw (multiple photo ops)|
|Sgt. Boykin.||Firing his LMG,firing his LMG towards Frank or Chuck after he knocks them down and grabbing supplies.|
|Brandon Whittaker||Simulating slitting his throat and slitting his throat.|
|Chuck Greene||Drinking whiskey|
|Evan MacIntyre||Shooting his modified Snowball Cannon in the air.|
|Evan MacIntyre||About to stomp on Frank or Chuck.|
|Roger Withers||Scraping his magician swords together and slamming his swords into the ground if Frank or Chuck are in a high area.|
|Reed Wallbeck||After Roger knocks-down Frank or Chuck (multiple photo ops)|
|Brent Ernst||Spinning around with his flamethrower.|
|Seymour Redding||Swinging his rope in the air, throwing his rope to Frank or Chuck, after successfully catching Frank or Chuck, hitting Frank or Chuck with his nightstick after catching them, posing after Frank or Chuck are down by said attack, after Frank or Chuck escape from said attack.|
|Stacey Forsythe||Trying to regain control of the robot and using the robot to grab a giant wooden box.|
|Camille Payne and Lillian Payne||Hugging each other|
|LaShawndra Dawkins and Gordon Dawkins||Hugging each other|
|Chad Elchart and Doris Elchart||Hugging each other|
|Jared Davis||taking Zombrex shot|
|Drake Danton||Being dragged into the Fortune City Arena changing room by zombies|
|Lucas Pontremoli||Just before he commits suicide via shotgun in the Fortune City Arena|
|Angel Lust||As they rock out on stage and when the band blows up the zombies' heads|
|Earl Flaherty||Fist-pumping after a successful shot.|
|Deetz Hartman||Fist-pumping after a successful shot.|
|Derrick Duggan||Fist-pumping after a successful shot.|
|Johnny James||Fist-pumping after a successful shot.|
- Co-op Chuck Greene - Celebrating (multiple photo ops).
- More not listed.
The following survivors offer erotica PP bonuses for Frank taking their picture:
|Survivor||Maximum PP bonus|
There is up to 200 Erotica PP points for taking a picture of one of the televisions.
The following items offer PP bonuses for Frank taking their picture:
|Item||Maximum PP bonus|
|Blue Oyster Biker Outfit||200|
|Dynamite in mouth of zombie||50|
|Pegasus stuck in zombie||1000|
|Cryo Pod zombie in barrel||1000|
- Taking a photo of Natalie Meyer's crotch will grant the player Horror Points. It is believed that the same can be said for Susan Walsh's, crotch, but there has yet to be a confirmed account of this.
- Frank's camera has the Capcom logo on it in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars and in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
- Frank can use his camera to "level up" in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
- If Frank takes an erotica shot with enough PP points, Franks nose will bleed all the way down to his chin.
- Erotica is the only genre of photo that does not have a unique photo oppurtunity.
- When attempting to complete the Saint achievement, the photo oppurtunities of Kay Nelson being killed and Ross Folk killing himself cannot be captured under normal circumstances, as the player must ensure all survivors survive. If the player has completed case files up to the point that Dr. Barnaby is in the security room but does not complete Case 6-1: Santa Cabeza, Dr. Barnaby will be counted towards Frank's survivor count when completing 72 Hour Mode. As such, a player may choose one alternate survivor to omit from rescuing. Opting to let Kay Nelson die by Jo (or having Frank kill her) will become possible, though allowing Ross to shoot himself will still be impossible, as Tonya Waters will be alienated from joining Frank and the player could not rescue more than 49 survivors in this case.
Off the Record TriviaEdit
- When fighting Randy, wait until he runs out of breath then take a photo of him to get an outtake bonus (up to 1,000 PP).
- Randy also has a regular photo op that is difficult to see, as it only occurs when Danni is dead. The player can see it more easily in Sandbox Mode, as there Randy spawns without Danni. Randy will start walking around the chapel, eventually coming to the entrance, where he will do some weird pose which is the player’s cue to take a photo.
- When fighting the magician duo, let Reed (the psychopath with the rocket launcher) knock Frank down. He will do an overdramatic bow; take a picture as he is doing that to get a drama bonus (up to 1,000 PP).
- Slappy has two of PP bonuses. One of him laying on the ground after a jump kick. The other is him jumping down to the first floor. Both give an outtake bonus and up to 1,000 PP.
- When fighting Sgt. Boykin, leave the fight area and come back. The player might see him shooting or stomping the zombie corpses around the place; take a photo of him doing this to get a brutality bonus.
- Like Randy, Boykin also has a photo op that is difficult to see; he will occasionally walk up to one of the soldier corpses and talk to them – this is the player’s photo cue.
- Taking a picture of the 4 nerds from Brains Over Brawn huddled around their game gives outtake bonuses for each of them. Also, taking a picture of Curtis (the nerd in the schoolgirl outfit) always gives an outtake bonus instead of drama.
- Taking a picture of Lillian (the daughter from Family Feud) gives a much bigger drama bonus than other survivors (more than 1,000 PP). Although this only works if Frank photographs her before she joins Frank.
- After paying Randolph (Art Appreciation mission) $3,000 Frank can photograph his painting for a (very measly) horror bonus.
- Taking a picture of the molemen from the Uranus Zone mini game also gives a measly outtake bonus.
Gallery (Dead Rising)Edit
Gallery (Off the Record)Edit
In relation to taking pictures and gaining large amounts of prestige points, see:
- Prestige point stickers
- Introduction (helicopter ride) Where Frank first learns about taking photographs. This page has hints on taking photographs.
- Cut From the Same Cloth Annoying Kent Swanson teaches Frank how to take a picture.
- Photo Challenge Take erotic photos.
- ↑ Dead Risnig Chop Till You Drop-Walkthrough All S Ranks part 1, Youtube, At 13:44
- ↑ Dead Rising Featured Guide, Cheat Happens.
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. 121
- ↑ Found in items.txt under cNPCPhotoPPInfo [first name]_erotica ... Max_pp = "500"
- ↑ Listed as "fake erotica" in items.txt, cNPCPhotoPPInfo [first name]_fakeerotica
- ↑ items.txt: cUtilityItem plasma_tv_128in_05 ... cGainPPInfoItem TVeroticaPP ... PPAmount = "200"
- ↑ Found in items.txt Max_pp = "###"
- ↑ a b "cClothingPhotoPPInfo BH_PP_Frank_Back1" probably photo of Chuck's or Frank's butt