- "Let the machine do the throwing, and the zombies do the catching."
- —Combo Card Description
Like its name suggests, its form of attack is launching plates at high speeds; the effect is rather like a high-velocity version of the saw blade's attack -- plates can cut through multiple zombies and kill gas zombies in one shot.
The Plate Launcher is a heavy weapon; thus, it cannot be stored in the inventory, and injury will cause Chuck to drop it.
This combo weapon has been described as:
- "You know those discs that people use for hunting practice! You know: "Pull!" Same idea, but you're firing plates at zombies with decapitation velocity."
Attacks and Combo Card
Weapon component locations
Dead Rising 2 and Case Zero general locations of weapons needed to make the Plate Launcher.
|| Silver Strip Alley
Silver Strip - Maintenance Room 19 south of Luaii Wauwii
Case West weapon component locations
Dead Rising 2: Case West locations of weapons needed to make the Plate Launcher.
|Component||Location||Specific location and instructions||Picture|
||Holding Pens Maintenance Room||The cement saw is found in the maintenance room in the Holding Pens area beside where “Catwalk Entrance” is written on the wall.|
||Cafeteria||The plates are located on the top shelf of the bar in the middle of the Cafeteria.|
- The plates from the Plate Launcher are destroyed on contact.
- Frushtick, Russ. 'Dead Rising 2' Combo Weapons Guide - Duct Tape Is Your Friend, MTV. (August 31, 2010).
- Andrew Crews, Dead Rising 2: Case West Weapon Combo Guide, Xblafans, (December 28, 2010).
- In items.txt, PlateLauncherPlate has DestroyOnThrownImpact = "true". see Mod:List of items.