The Protoman Boots are a special costume piece in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.
The Protoman Boots are one of four items for the Protoman set of clothing, which when combined with the 3 other items, will give Frank West increased resistance to damage.
- Protoman Blaster and Shield: Get the S Rank ending, after which it will be found in the Safe House restroom leaning against the wall (but only in Story Mode).
- Protoman Helmet: Rescue Jack Ellis in Welcome to the Family, then beat him in poker in Ante Up. Another way to obtain the helmet is to find Jack Ellis and kill him in Sandbox Mode.
- Protoman Boots: Located in the Ultimate Playhouse at the Palisades Mall
- Protoman Armor: Unlock all of the single-player Challenges in Sandbox Mode and win a medal of any kind in all of them.
All the parts of the costume will stay in a locker in the Safe House restroom, except for the Protoman Blaster and Shield, which are leaning against the wall. Frank can equip and unequip the pieces here at any time.
- Mega Man (in his pixelated 8-bit appearence) can be seen on the soles of the Protoman Boots when Frank runs.
- Unlike the Mega Man Boots in Dead Rising, the Protoman Boots do NOT increase Frank's running speed. Oddly, it is the Protoman Blaster and Shield that provide a speed boost.