Randall Tugman, better known as Randy, is a psychopath appearing in the Dead Rising 2 mission Here Comes the Groom. He is an obese man in a fetish costume who wields a Giant Pink Chainsaw. He reappears in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record with the same role.
Here Comes the Groom
Randy has taken both his father, Emanuel, and a young woman named Danni Bodine as his captives at the Swept Away wedding chapel. Emanuel begs his son to let them go, calling him "Randall," to which he replies he prefers to be called "Randy" and tells him to get on with the wedding ceremony. Danni tries to escape, but she is held back and restrained. Randy assures her that the other dead bride in the room meant nothing to him. Randy tells Emanuel that he always said that he wanted him to wait for sex until he's married and that he's not waiting any more and coerces his father into saying the final verses of the wedding ceremony, all the while revving his chainsaw in an excited and aroused manner.
As Emanuel notices Chuck Greene enter the chapel, he cries for help - causing Randy to turn around while still holding his weapon. The blade of the chainsaw cuts into the suspended Emanuel's abdomen, killing him as Randy confronts Chuck. He accuses Chuck of trying to ruin the happiest day of their lives, and attacks him.
After he is defeated, Randy is knocked onto his back. He notices the silhouette of a bride approach and calls out to her, but is surprised as it turns out to be the zombified bride whom he had killed and is killed and eaten by the zombie as Chuck looks on. Chuck can pick up Randy's chainsaw after his death.
Randy is one of the crazed survivors Frank can fight in Sandbox Mode. He will spawn in the wedding chapel as he does in Story Mode. Once defeated he drops his weapon and $25,000.
- His name may be a play on words; "Randy" is slang for lustful, and "Tugman" may imply masturbation.
- In British slang, the term "being randy," means being sexually aroused, an obvious reference to Randy's behavior. Of course, since "Randy" is a name, it may just be a coincidence.
- Randy's death is similar to Cletus Samson's, in that both are attacked and eaten by zombified people they had previously killed.
- He is incredibly similar to Jo Slade from Dead Rising. Both attack their hostages, are obese, are obsessed with sexually assaulting women, and both provoke the fight between them and the protagonist.
- As he is being eaten by the zombie bride, he can be heard laughing for a brief moment, hinting that he might be a masochist.
- He is the only psychopath in the series to kill a member of his own family.
- Randy's boss theme is Shiny by Blue Stahli.
- If Chuck leaves the chapel while fighting Randy and return, he will see him bear-hugging/dry humping Danni. This takes away a small amount of her health.
- Sometimes, Randy will also shout "He was my father!" during the fight, indicating that he blames his carelessness on Chuck for distracting him.
- When running, Randy may complain that he forgot his inhaler, suggesting that he is asthmatic.
- Despite his large size, Randy is surprisingly fast, being able to charge full speed at Chuck/Frank.
- Sometimes Randy will shout "You killed my father! Prepare to die!" during the fight. This is most likely a reference to the film The Princess Bride.
- Randy's weapon and physical appearance and run animation can be seen as a reference to Piggsy: the obese, pig-head, chainsaw-wielding boss from Manhunt by Rockstar Games.
- After defeating Randy, the zombified bride will remain in the chapel, and can be killed by Chuck. Apart from her unique model, the bride is no different from the average female zombies.
- The model of the zombie bride is called "sexdeviantbride" while for the model during the cutscene, it is called "cine_zombiebride.big"
- Randy's chainsaw carries some obvious sexual imagery - he begins "revving it up" the more excited he gets as he talks about losing his virginity. The size of the weapon, the color, the way he wields it and even the name of the weapon are also suggestive and may be compensating for something.
- Randy calls the pig head on his crotch "Mr. Oink."
- His name, Randy, is likely based on the actual word randy, meaning sexually aroused or excited.
- Him and Kris are the only males in Fortune City who give Erotica points.
- In Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, photographing Randy's corpse will reward Frank with Brutality points and a few Erotica points for his stomach.
- There are files in the game associated with Randy that suggest that he might have had a ranged weapon, like most other psychopaths have. From the looks of it, it was either a tranquilizer gun, a crossbow, or some sort of silenced weapon. The file in question is called fx_devianttranqgun_big, and Randy is referenced as 'deviant' in game.
- Randy has two different death animations: If Chuck/Frank kills him while he is standing up, he will slump to his knees. If Chuck/Frank kills him after attacking the pig head on his crotch, he will fall backwards and squirm around.
- Randy is the only boss in Dead Rising 2 that Chuck and Frank taunt in an almost identical manner, with Chuck taunting "You may now kiss the bride" when Randy is being eaten while Frank taunts "You may now feed the bride".
- It is also implied that Randy sexually abused Danni, as a bloody mattress can be found in the church, with a massager lying on it. This suggests that Randy has raped Danni or the other bride or is a necrophiliac.
- According to the game files, Lulu Barra was supposed to be held hostage by Randy.
- Randy is similar to Adam MacIntyre, as both wield unique chainsaw(s), but unlike Adam, Randy uses one chainsaw, as opposed to Adam, who wields two.
- Randy's role in the game largely reflects Leatherface's from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" as shown by the large chainsaw being used for phallic imagery, obsession with a woman, and his "victory thrusts" when he successfully hits Chuck/Frank with his chainsaw.
- According to IMDB, Randy is voiced by comedian Patton Oswalt credited under the pseudonym "John Murphy". Although he denies voicing Randy, Oswalt has been known to use humorous aliases on including "Schecky Chucklestein" & "Neill Cumpston".
- Despite Randy having previous victims before his fight against the protagonist, he tells his dad "I knew I wouldn't die a virgin". This seems to imply that he's impotent as a result of his abstinence vow, hence why he chooses to marry his victims before doing the deed. However, he may have said this as a form of pride, as he achieved his goal of losing his virginity.