- "Powerful blades cut through zombies as if they were tissue paper."
- —Combo Card Description
The Ripper is the deadlier version of the cement saw, with its single, circular, cement-cutting blade replaced with 4 serrated saw blades; and its blade guard retracted to expose more teeth. It acts like a more agile, yet closer ranged brother of the chainsaw; it has a shorter cutting range but a wider swing. Like the chainsaw, Chuck can injure zombies just by bumping into them with the Ripper's motor running. The Ripper is a heavy weapon; it cannot be stored in the inventory and injuries will cause Chuck to drop it.
This combo weapon has been described as:
- "A cement saw has a round, plate-like blade at the end, which is not nearly as devastating as it would be if you added a serrated saw blade. Once you do, the Ripper works like a more maneuverable chainsaw."
Attacks and Combo Card
Dead Rising 2 Weapon Component Locations
Dead Rising 2 and Case Zero general locations of weapons needed to make the Ripper.
|| Silver Strip Alley
Silver Strip - Maintenance Room 19 south of Luaii Wauwii
|| Brockett Gas Station
Big Buck Hardware (∞)
Case West Weapon Component Locations
Case West locations of weapons needed to make the Ripper.
|Component||Location||Specific location and instructions||Picture|
||Holding Pens Maintenance Room||The Cement Saw is found in the Maintenance Room in the Holding Pens area beside where “Catwalk Entrance” is written on the wall.|
||Holding Pens Maintenance Room||The Saw Blades can also be found inside the Holding Pens Maintenance Room.|
- The Ripper may be a reference to:
- In the PC file items.txt this weapon is called "CementSaw_combo".
- Frushtick, Russ. 'Dead Rising 2' Combo Weapons Guide - Duct Tape Is Your Friend, MTV. (August 31, 2010).
- Andrew Crews, Dead Rising 2: Case West Weapon Combo Guide, Xblafans, (December 28, 2010).