Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "Take a look out there! If those ain't zombies, then what would you call 'em?"
- —Ryan LaRosa, on zombies
- Main article: 72 Hour Mode (Dead Rising)
Ryan was first seen erecting a barricade at the Entrance Plaza with Chris Hines and Freddie May. When Frank West walks into the plaza from the Security Room, Ryan explains the zombie outbreak to Frank, then orders him to scavenge for items to add to the barricade.
When Lindsay Harris breached the barricade and allowed the zombies to come into the plaza, he was killed along with all the other survivors in the Entrance Plaza.
- Main article: Infinity Mode
In Infinity Mode, Ryan appears in Run Like The Wind from 3:00:00 to 3:07:00 and is armed with a Golf Club. In his equipment he carries a Zucchini, "2x4", a Baseball Bat, a Bowling Ball, and a Fire Extinguisher.
- In the Introduction cutscene, he is seen carrying a propane tank to the barricade. But after the cutscene, the propane tank is out of sight.
- After the cutscene of the zombies entering he can be seen back towards the fountain. He has no green health bar on him, making it impossible to "save" him.
- There is no notification of Ryan LaRosa's death on screen after the Introduction cutscene in the Entrance Plaza ends.
- Ryan seems to act as the leader of the survivors in the Entrance Plaza
- He is the first character to use the word "Zombies" in the series.
- Some zombies have his face model.
- The voice actor for Ryan LaRosa is Bill Farmer who also does Cletus Samson, Floyd Sanders and Jeff Meyer. Bill Farmer is best known for voicing Goofy and Pluto in the Mickey Mouse series.
- He is one of the few characters from the first game to have their voices in Dead Rising 4, along with Lindsay Harris.
- This is heard through Frank's Nightmare at the beginning of the game.