|Dead Rising||Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3||Dead Rising 4|
Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
It is a powerful gun. The shot leaves the barrel in a cone shape, hitting multiple targets in a single blast. It is also an effective weapon against psychopaths. But while it is powerful at close range, it is considerably weaker if shooting at enemies from afar. The shotgun is one of the best guns to carry, as it can take out many zombies easily making it useful in escaping or clearing a path. It is also a useful weapon for Frank to score Brutality bonuses. The shotgun can fire 20 shots before Frank must discard it.
The shotgun can also be found during the Introduction in the middle of a large group of zombies eating from the corpse of Brian Reynolds near the center of the Entrance Plaza, just after the mall gets overrun and the mission is to get up the stairs to safety. Frank can simply pick up the shotgun and run to the stairs.
Psychopaths Steven Chapman and Cletus Samson wield shotguns, but do not drop for use after their deaths. Survivors Kindell Johnson and Jonathan Picardsen also carry this weapon. Interestingly, all the survivors and psychopaths that wield the Shotgun, not including Brian Reynolds, are located in the North Plaza.
A headshot will instantly kill any zombie or survivor.
- Primary: Tap the button to fire the shotgun. If Frank is moving, he will fire in front of him; if he is remaining still, he will automatically aim at the nearest target.
- Aim: Hold down the trigger to go into aim mode then press the button to fire the shotgun at a specific target.
- The shotgun is modeled after a Remington Model 870 Police Magum with a magazine extension tube.
- Frank uses the shotgun in one of his hyper combos in Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
- In the demo version of Dead Rising, Frank starts the demo with a Shotgun, as well as a Sledgehammer and a Sickle.