|Dead Rising||Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3||Dead Rising 4|
Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
The sledgehammer is a weapon in Dead Rising, found in several hardware stores such as Crislip's Home Saloon and McHandy's Hardware, in addition to the Warehouse and Maintenance Tunnels And the Meat processing area
A headshot will instantly kill any zombie or survivor.
- Primary: Tap the button to perform a powerful skull cracking vertical smash. This attack is capable of instantly killing a zombie or a survivor by crushing their head.
- Secondary: Make a wide arc horizontal swing by holding the attack key . This attack is also capable of instantly killing a zombie or a survivor by crushing their head, although the target must be kneeling or at a lower elevation than the player.
- Thrown: Hold down the trigger to go into aim mode then press the button to throw the sledgehammer.
If used correctly, the sledgehammer is extremely deadly, but can take a while to master.
- The official guide has this weapon as one word.
- This weapon appears in Tatsunoko vs Capcom from time to time during one of Frank's attacks, during which he strikes his opponent with a random item.
- The attacks for the sledgehammer are switched from Dead Rising to Dead Rising 2. In Dead Rising, tapping will make frank swing downward, whereas in Dead Rising 2 you must HOLD .
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. 114