|Dead Rising||Dead Rising 3|
Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
It is a much smaller version of the chainsaw that can be wielded single-handedly, and can be stored in your Inventory, unlike its counterpart. This is the strongest weapon in the game (aside from the unlockable Mega Buster and Laser Sword), and it also lasts longer.
The Small Chainsaw is one of the few that can be strengthened three times by picking up three types of books. They are the Entertainment book, the Engineering book, and the Criminal Biography book. With these three in effect, the player can kill an incredible 2,160 zombies.
|No books||One book||Two books||Three books|
- Primary: Tap the Template:Xbutton button to swing the small chainsaw. This attack can remove a zombie's head or limb.
- Thrown: Hold down the trigger to go into aim mode then press the Template:Xbutton button to throw the small chainsaw.
Be careful using the small chainsaw when escorting survivors, as they can be hit easily and have their health severely damages or killed.
- With 80 hits, the small chainsaw is 4 times more durable than the chainsaw (20 hits).
- The official guide fails mentioning the third Entertainment book, "Take a quick moment to run up the set of stairs and grab another Small Chainsaw on the ground near the console. These things come in handy, especially if Frank is carrying the Criminal Biology and Engineering Books, which allow them to last up to three times as long as normal."
- With books from around the mall, the small chainsaw is more durable. The Criminal Biography Book (Found in Sir Book-a-Lot, Wonderland Plaza), Engineering book and Entertainment book (Both found in Bachman's Bookporium, Paradise Plaza) each triple the durability of the chainsaw; with all three books, the small chainsaw can go from withstanding 80 hits to 2160 hits and last a very long time.
- This weapon is highly effective against psychopaths, as it can kill them in just a few attacks, making the game much easier.
- The small chainsaw does not respawn in overtime mode.
- ↑ Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop Walkthrough and FAQ by darkhisham, 1up.com, (March 1, 2009).
- ↑ Small Chainsaw, deadrising.wikia.com.
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames.