|Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3|
A sports car is a small two-seat, two-door automobile designed for spirited performance and nimble navigating. It is located in the Royal Flush Plaza, near the exit to Fortune Park, and it is accessible after obtaining the sports car key. It is one of the fastest vehicles in the game, but it has the poorest handling of all vehicles.
The key for the sports car can be purchased from the Just in Time Payday Loans pawnshop on the second floor of the Royal Flush Plaza for $500,000. The price can be lowered with the Bargaining 1 and Bargaining 2 magazines. In Off the Record, the key costs $1,000,000.
This sports car can kill up to 250 zombies before exploding, unless the player crashes, in which case the possible kill count is lowered. Its durability can be increased with the Driving magazine. It can be driven into the Slot Ranch Casino, and, if the blue hallway maintenance doors are open, all the way to the vent that leads to the Safe House.
- In Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, the license plate reads "Win Big!"
- The model of the car is the "Gavin Roadster X3", as stated in a blog post by Tape it or Die member Wallace Hertzog. The car resembles the real-life Porsche 911 Cabriolet.
- Like all items, when the car is destroyed, it will respawn in its original location when the player leaves and returns to the Royal Flush Plaza. The player will not have to buy the key a second time.
- In the PC game file items.txt, this vehicle is referred to as the "SportsCar". Present in the file is an alternate damaged sports car model, where the engine hood is crumpled.
- Stratton, Stephen (2010). Dead Rising 2 Prima Official Game Guide. Prima.
- Wallace Hertzog, "My First post from Fortune City!", Tape It or Die Blog, (August 08, 2010).
AlternateTextureName0 = "data/models/environment/props/sports_car_dmg"