- "Fire this powerful sonic device at a zombie, it'll blow their minds!"
- —Combo Card Description
The Super B.F.G., called the Mystery Super Weapon before Dead Rising 2's release, is a combo weapon in Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, made by combining a Blast Frequency Gun with an Amplifier.
The official guide states: "Most powerful gun in the game. Shoots a large shock wave that can take out a massive amount of zombies in one shot."
This combo weapon has been described as:
- "There's only one combo weapon you cannot get in the first two days of gameplay and it's this mystery super weapon.
Attacks and Combo Card
Weapon Component Locations
Dead Rising 2 and Case Zero general locations of weapons needed to make the Super B.F.G..
|Blast Frequency Gun
|| Underground Main Tunnel
||Atlantica Casino Main Floor|
- A BFG can be located in the Underground before the failed military rescue after Chuck has chased TK on the train.
- Enter the Underground from the entrance in the Royal Flush Plaza, once Chuck is down go counter clockwise around the track and it will be on the first large raised section with the Servbot Masks on. Once Chuck has it head back up to the Royal Flush Plaza to Tunemakers which has a Maintenance Room in the back and a large stack of amplifiers next to the Maintenance Room; Chuck can now build the Super B.F.G.
- During the fight with Sullivan, he seems unaffected by the Super B.F.G.[Verification needed]
- The Super B.F.G. received some buffs in Off The Record, and that it can now kill Looters and Mercenaries.
- The abbreviation "B.F.G." is a reference to the Doom Series, however, unlike in Dead Rising 2 in which the acronym stands for Blast Frequency Gun, the Doom acronym originally meant "Big Fucking Gun" (according to the Doom motion picture the acronym stands for "Bio Force Gun").[Verification needed]
- Stratton, Stepehen (2010). Dead Rising 2 Prima Official Game Guide. Prima.
- Frushtick, Russ. 'Dead Rising 2' Combo Weapons Guide - Duct Tape Is Your Friend, MTV. (August 31, 2010).
- If the blast hits any living human characters, it will cause them to keel over and vomit for a moment.[Verification needed] It is the best weapon for clearing a path through a crowd of zombies.