Missions • Attributes • PP Trials • Characters • Psychopaths • Weapons • Vehicles • Clothing • Food • Locations • Endings
The Tactical Handgun is quite simply a handgun with a flashlight taped under the barrel, it is used to shoot zombies in dark areas where aiming would be problematic in the dark.
The blueprints are obtained the initial time the player completes Chapter 0.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is one of the first introduced combo weapons in Dead Rising 3, along with the Sledge Saw.
- Strangely, in the E3 demo, the handgun had 12 rounds, but when the flashlight was combined with it, the pistol gained an extra 3 rounds (to become 15 rounds) and the flashlight was half the size when duct taped on the handgun.
- Chronologically, the Tactical Handgun is the first combo weapon Nick acquires in the story. It can be picked up inside the tunnels during Chapter 0.
- The Tactical Handgun boasts a slighter higher rate of fire, thanks to the flashlight serving as a counterweight. This makes it functionally one of the more realistic combo weapons.
- Which makes it all the more ironic that the tactical handgun wouldn't actually function correctly in real life. The user would be able to fire one round, but the handgun would jam because the slide is taped shut. A semi-automatic handgun cannot have its slide obstructed, otherwise it cannot eject a casing and chamber a live round.
- The handgun is actually a CZ-75B Semi-Automatic Pistol.