Suggestions (people of wikia can use this to post their suggestions)Edit
co-op gameplay idea:they said there isnt going to be co-op gameplay!THATS LIKE THE BEST TYPE OF GAMEPLAY.an idea for co-op gameplay.1st player plays as the protaginist and can die and fight more effectivly.but 2nd player whould be able to play as a survivor.you can select a survivor to play as in the safe room in dead rising 2.if you dont save any survivors in your game. you should be able to play as any survivor from 1st dead rising and you can only play as survivors you saved in dead rising 2 2nd player survivors cant die(but cpu survivors can) if 2nd player is to lose all their health from fighting they will go unconcious and chuck wil have to bring them food or hp items to re-awake them.2nd player can never die unless 1st player dies.even if you go back to the safe room in dead rising 2 you wont lose your playing character because you can switch them out there. if 2nd player is to quit while playing they will turn back to a cpu survivor and will have to be escorted back or they will die eventually.all survivor types are playable except imcompacitated(drunk,bad ankle or krippled) and elderly(because they move to slow to be effectice to any type of player) survivors also have item stock so if you need extra room this is very effective.
Survivor type gameplay:
common survivors:can equip all type weapons and some fighting skills(mostly jump kick and zombie walk) they cant use weapons like shopping carts and lawn mowers
holding hands survivors:not as effective as common survivors but still pretty fun to play as if you like playing as girl characters.when standing they can kick and scratch push enemies with does decent and effective damage when running and attacking they do the push witch does alittle damage but can push away a crowd of zombie(if used at right place and time) since their being played as you dont get to hold hands with them they can take ALLOT I MEAN ALLOT of damage before going unconcious. unlike the first game they can equip a few weapons small entertainment weapons like handbags lipstick&perfume props and mini chainsaws and can only use the ranged weapons handgun,smg,nailgun,real&fake mega buster but not heavy weapons like sledgehammers,big chainsaws,baseball bats,katana,golf clubs etc)unlike common survivors they cant use guns effectivly they have unlimited ammo(unlike dead rising 1 where all survivors had unlimited kills and ammo) they are more nimble and can jump higher they can use few skills(only jump kick and zombie walk and hide:wich is a skill that can make them crouch down or sitting to hide from zombies to avoid attracting them)
survivor stats and getting around:2nd players survivors stats are the same as your stats. they also lvl up with youbut dont learn as many skills as you but get more life and stock . when traveling with 2nd player .if you get into a car your partner get in the passanger seat and and other survivors you have go into the back seat.
the screen is double and can be changed from horizantol to vertical.
My offline co-op idea: Chuck and his good, long lost friend, <Capcom's idea for name for him>, who he recently found and rescued (game's opening cutscene) but would never leave the security room in 1 player mode, as he had to give you scoops, or some other excuse. In 2 player, you play as him, he is just like Chuck, but, cannot make combo weapons. EXAMPLE: He brings a construction hat and a beer to the combo room table, but nothing happens since Chuck is not in the room. Chuck needs to be the one who makes the combo item, if he is in the room, it will work. CO-OP IS JUST THE ORIGINAL STORY, NO SURVIVOR-PLAYING, JUST THE TWO PEOPLE. YOU STILL GET SCOOPS.
Also: A female survivor with a male AI, tattoos, and a metal bat as a weapon in 1 player mode. Deathsculler
Questions Questions... Edit
The trailer has brought up a lot of questions, as did the Wiki Page.
-Is there a whole new system that lets you combine weapons? yes
-Is Frank and/or Isabella involved, or even mentioned in the game? (Trailers yes, but game?)yes
-Do you still rescue survivors? yes
--If so, what place is safe?
-Is Chuck's daughter in the game? yes
-Will there be multiple endings?yes
-Is there a new saving system? yes
-Are there Pyscopaths? yes
-Is there more vehicles?yes
--Can you upgrade more vehicles, other then the bike seen in the trailer?
--Was the Chucks Bike?
---If so, do you start with it?
-Are ther going to be special zombies? yes
-Are there even more weapons? yes
-Will there be unlockable cloths and weapons again?
-Is the map bigger? yes
-Is there going to be DLC where you can even more cloths/weapons? perhaps, but there will be a DLC. See Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
-Was Chuck's kid one of the 50 children infected? no, she was infected in the Vagas outbreak. The Guy That Has Covered Wars
- Most of this stuff is unknown.. We'll know more when the game is out. They aren't gonna spoil the whole thing before launch - Ash Crimson 02:06, April 15, 2010 (UTC)
"-Was Chucks kid one of the 50 children infected? The Guy That Has Covered Wars"
- I highly doubt it. First of all, the cutscenes from the first game are on youtube so we can verify that (I haven't checked). Second, DR2 is 5 years after DR1 so she would have to have a great Physique to last that long. Third, I read in an article that she gets bitten by a zombie. Fourth, her mother/Chuck's wife died. It would say adoptive mother. Fifth, I doubt Zombrex is the equivalent to Isabella's vaccine. CrackLawliet 21:56, May 2, 2010 (UTC)
What took them so long? Edit
I mean sure Capcom has made plenty great games in the last 4 years, ever since the first Dead Rising came out, but i wonder what took them sol long to think; "We should make another one."
Dead Rising was out for 4 years, hit the Xbox 360 Platinum Hits a year later, probably sold an estimate of 100,000 Copies, got and average of 8.5 from critics, and it took them this long to start making it. And there is still about 134 Days (in America and from today) to wait for it. I'm not complaining or questioning Capcoms intelligence, but I was expecting this to be announced around June 2009. Sure some of those games they made were great (others...not so much.) but I still wonder. Jakeinator 01:45, April 19, 2010 (UTC)
- You meant 1,000,000 copies, right? It sold just under 2,000,000. I think Capcom has just been really busy with stuff like Street Fighter 4.. that may even be why they outsourced the game in the first place. - Ash Crimson 01:55, April 19, 2010 (UTC)
Is there any confirmation on whether there will be some timelimt like the '72 hours' you had in Dead Rising 1? I sure hope not because I felt limited on when and what I could explore and felt rushed and frustrated when trying to resuce all of the survivors. Sometimes I may have been late to a scoop and a survivor would die = not fun. So yeah, are they planning on having a time limit? If they are, they should only make time progress once you trigger certain events (like completing a "case" or something equivalent to it). Plus, I hope DR2 won't be the last =D --Mistertrouble189 02:48, May 6, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, I'm not sure I'm feelin' all this citation stuff. No other wiki I've been to does this. It's kinda strange. Can someone maybe de-wikipedia this article? like.. Take all this info and reword it so we don't have to use citations and stuff. I'm sorry if I'm offending the dude who went through all the trouble to make all of these templates and stuff, but I'm just not 100% sure we need it all. Also, were these templates just ripped from Wikipedia? I think that's where all these strange categories are coming from. - Ash Crimson 14:30, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- While I appreciate the dude's thoughtfulness and hard work, I agree with Ash. We don't really need all this. It's only on Wikipedia to make sure everything is credible and such. A bit overdone here =O --Mistertrouble189 20:46, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
SEPTEMBER 28!?! Seriously? ugh. Show me the link! --Mistertrouble189 19:06, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Go to like, IGN or Gamespot. It shows it there. And I know... That news ruined my day, and possibly my week. Frank-West 19:10, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not buying it. At least not until I see it from Capcom or Capcom Unity. And I don't mind so much for two reasons: 1) It would delayed untill 28 Days Later (Which I find amusing), and 2) It would give me more time to play the hell out of DR2C0.Dengarde 19:17, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Sigh. It seems to be true. Meh. But yay Case Zero, just 10 more days. Thought it was supposed to be out tomorrow >< --Mistertrouble189 19:47, June 28, 2010 (UTC
Windows Live Edit
Will the PC version have Games For Windows Live?
some1 plz fix da gallery?
Dead rising 2 clothing? Edit
I think we should make a clothing category for Dead Rising 2 since some clothing has been revealed in videos.
- This, I think its been confirmed enough to create a category Nickjaro 23:34, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Speaking of, has there been any word about the DLC clothing? Specifically if you preordered the regular or Zombrex version of DR2 and being able to obtain the Psycho clothes and skills through buyable DLC?
Japanese Box Art Edit
Is it just me, or does the Chuck on the Japanese Box Art look NOTHING like Chuck?! CrackLawliet 17:31, September 17, 2010 (UTC)
- It does, well Kinda... Looks less like him though... Looks like an advert for brushing your teeth. Commissar Jake 17:39, September 17, 2010 (UTC)
Guys, it's Japan. Things tend to be diffirent there apart from Europe and America.Jakeinator 00:56, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
Experience system Edit
is there a new experience system?
and if so how is it different?
Nobody has added Ending E to the multiple endings list.
MagcargoMan 05:38, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
There doesn't appear to be an Ending E. NT92 10:39, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
In the files of the PC version you will find %DeadRising2InstallDir%\data\anim\cinematic\073_ending_e1.big, not conclusive, but certainly suggestive you can get an Ending E. — OtherworldBob 10:15, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
Well, MagcargoMan, i try to re add the Ending E back so other people can edit it when its found, but "some" others keep on removing it DENGARDE... So if anyone find the Ending, i will fucking Kiss that person that finds it. There has to be a ending E. if there isnt any ending e, its completely weird. Alta1r 22:16, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
Bare in mind that the PC version also has files and Strings relating to Case Zero in it, for instance (The Mechanic) Jed's textures are in there. So it's possible that it's just the remains of Case Zero's Ending E. Or that the file is just annoyingly named! — OtherworldBob 22:24, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
There is no Ending E. They go: S, A, B, C, D and F. Are there files in the PC version that have S or A in them?. NT92 17:04, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Responding to Alta1r, it's almost like it's school... Normal there are A, B, C, D and F, sometimes some teachers don't believe that Grade D ever exist, made it only A, B, C and F. I know it's very oddly in some situation. I am sure that all console versions (360, PS3 and PC) have S, A, B, C, D, and F. PC would be only one to have E, depend. --FredCat T.P. 18:02, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
- @NT92 In the PC files I see cinematic files for Endings with names: A, A_B, A2, B, C, D, E1 and F — OtherworldBob 19:40, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know...there is no S in those files, and there is 8 different endings, but in the game there would be 7 including E. and why is it E1 instead of just E. Perhaps that cutscene of Katey and Stacey being lowered into the zombies is considered an ending; because it effectively ends the game, but tells u to load or quit after a cutscene, u can't continue playing. No other part of the game tells u to load or quit after a cutscene. U could say that Katey's turning gives you the chance to load or quit, but its still possible to continue playing there, but if they are lowered into the zombies, u can't continue, so maybe its ending A_B, or E1. Just a theory. NT92 12:05, October 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Responding to NT92 you cant be Fucking serious? I would drag my leg 10 meters through broken glass and burning wood just to see 2 seconds of ending E!
- If there is no ending e, That would be a blowoff! Alta1r 19:19, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Alta1r, u sure have a hard on for Ending E don't you. NT92 17:33, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
Players Beware! Edit
People on Xbox 360, be careful playing co-op with people. For one thing, the game will often disconnect the client when the host saves. That's not the really bad part though. If you complete an ending as the client, the game will delete ALL of your key items the next time you load that save. Pretty terrible. Now I have to buy ALL OF THE DAMN VEHICLES AGAIN. Anyway just a warning to everyone, I don't know if PS3 or PC is having these same issues. Frank-West 12:14, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
Infinite Mode? ...or just a weird Glitch?Edit
Well this is weird you know? Get this: I completed every side-mission, I even escolted almost every survivor that Stacey doesn't tell you about, except for the Tape it or Die crew, with Case 5-2 completed and waiting for 6-1 to happen... well Ante Up left with almost no time to free roam before the military arrives, so what did I do? I went to save the Tape it or Die crew... looks like a dumb decision... I arrived at the safe house at EXACT 9:59... holy fuck... I thought I was doomed and that it was the dumbest choice ever, they got into the Safe Room but I didn't get the PP for saving them... I rushed to the Security Room but it was 10:01 when I reached the door... nothing happened, the message indicating Case 6-1 disappeared, but with no "Message Expired" alert nor "The Truth has vanished" alert... I get outside the safe room and get back in and I got the PP for escolting the Tape it or Die crew but... nothing... the game just keep going... Katey, Stacey, TK and Sullivan dissapeared interstingly enough... well looks like I got myself Infinite Mode or the weirdest glitch to date, what do you guys think? StrikerXE
Let's join to the Paranoia people!Edit
Well the supposed Infinite Mode keeps going, Case 6-2 doesn say either Engaged or Failed, that's weird enough... and will fooling around the Safe House I found that Stacey joint the paranoia and was OUTSIDE the Security Room crying like a baby... I didn't take a snapshot so I keep fooling around until she dissapeared and... Katey magically learned how to fly O.O... this time I did take a screenshot, just check it out. StrikerXE
UPDATE: Okay.. now I captured Stacey after some time of free roam and 5 bad movies at the cinema (lol), here is she... damn and I wanted to do her... I guess I lost my chance now...StrikerXE
- Holy crap! What console are you on? I'm pretty skeptical that this is real, could you take video of it somehow? Frank-West 19:02, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Well I'm playing the PC so I don't know if I can record a video unless you tell me how to do so... I can take screenshots though... maybe my watch telling you that is 28/09, 12:15PM and with no gas nor Gas Zombies whatsoever will be proof enough? Here you go! , if that's not proof enough just ask me to take a screenshot of something and you'll see by yourself... Or if you happen to own the PC you can join me and see the madness with your own eyes... StrikerXE
- Aw screw it... I think I just won't get any fun now... the firebombing count just appeared out of nowhere... I guess I won't get any Infinite Mode glitch after all... StrikerXE
Vote for the section Edit
Delete. Because Dead Rising 2 is a standalone game, not a re-done version of DR1 like Chop Till You Drop is, so DR2 doesn't have any differences, because it is not based on DR1. NT92 20:25, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
It's not exactly needed, but I'm not seeing how keeping it could hurt at all. This could help someone who didn't like key parts of DR1 to see if they would like DR2 better. Sumtaedium 20:32, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
- ^Exactly. Frank-West 16:47, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed with Sumtaedium. --Ciwey 16:49, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- If anywhere, i'd have it in trivia, or rename it to something like "Gameplay changes from DR1" otherwise you may as well put in "It has a different story" "it's set in another location" Plus, its agreed that it is not needed, and un-needed info goes in trivia. NT92 16:58, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed with Sumtaedium, and then NT92, can have the section titled what he said and put it as a subsection under Trivia. --Mistertrouble189 18:02, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Uh, gameplay changes from DR1 would basically be exactly the same as the current title. There really is no point in moving it to trivia, since it isn't trivia, and it adds to the article so we should keep it. So now we've got three admins for keeping it and two regular users. Frank-West 18:14, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- It should be in trivia because it is un-needed information NT92 18:20, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- But it isn't trivia. Trivia isn't JUST unneeded info, it's stuff that's usually unnoticed and irrelevant to the actual gameplay, such as how Steven from DR1's nametag shows him with a full head of hair, whereas in the game he is balding. Frank-West 18:25, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- The title makes it sound like a remade version of 1. And the differences are very trivial i.e. "Frank runs faster"..."Frank can't jump as high"... In my opinion, it shouldn't be there at all but since the vote agrees to put it in trivia, you should do. NT92 18:29, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- The vote doesn't agree to put it into trivia though, it agrees to keeping it as is. Frank running faster is actually a pretty big change, for example, Frank at level 50 runs almost as fast as Chuck with quickstep at one speed upgrade. Frank jumping lower isn't a big gameplay change, but it's a noticeable one so that's why it's in there. Frank-West 18:40, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
None of it is, its all useless info. Why have u wrote that there is no camera in DR2? Obviously there isn't because Chuck is not a photographer and Frank doesn't make weapons. That kind of info would go with CTYD, because that is the first DR but a different version. U r treating DR2 like an alternate version of DR1. I may as write "It is set in Fortune City instead of Willamette" or "the story has changed completley" Do you understand? NT92 19:02, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I understand the point you're trying to make, but obviously things like "Story is changed" would be omitted, as anyone could figure that out. What if you didn't know you wouldn't be the same character/be unable to make combo weapons in DR1/have a camera? There is NO POINT in removing it, it's information relevant to the article and could help someone decide which game to get. It's gonna stay, bro. Frank-West 19:14, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- But people do know that combo weapons etc only feature in DR2. You might as well put that Chucks watch is digital in there too. But its not like people will buy DR1 over 2 because Frank can run faster. Actually, they should buy both games since they are 2 stories. NT92 19:25, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
So is the "true ending" A or S, because if you go by Case West it would be A and I thought S was always the True Ending, like the first game? I was just confused, give TK Zombrex or not for True Ending? T-888 03:58, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Ending A is for Xbox 360 (as of DLC of "Case West") while Ending S is for PS3 (PS3 don't featuring any DLC for DR2, so they just put that ending in to stop annoying the fanmails...). First game didn't have Ending S; just up to Ending A from F. Afterward from DR2 on Console game version; they do have extra Ending. --FredCat T.P. 03:07, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
I was playing with a co-op partner and he left the game, when I next arrived in Royal Flush Plaza everything was doubled. Twice as many zombies, twice as many "TIME REMAINING" screens, twice as many items in scripted locations (all the items in Code Blue were doubled, etc), twice as many looters (!) etc. Don Pinstripelli (talk) 12:37, April 10, 2014 (UTC)