Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "I just saw a big dude carryin' a machete in that home store...Crislip's somethin' or other...He knows where the security cameras are and he's doing a good job of stayin' outta sight."
- —Otis Washington
Frank arrives at Crislip's Home Saloon and finds several headless zombies suspended from the ceiling. A relapsed Vietnam War veteran Cliff Hudson then confronts him, demanding his name and military rank. When Frank fails to answer, Cliff accuses him of being a member of the Viet Cong and proceeds to attack him.
After he is defeated, Cliff returns to his senses and explains that he had gone insane after hearing the dying screams of his granddaughter as she was mauled by the undead. He dies and leaves the Machete which will now respawn in this store. He also gives Frank the Empty Store Key to rescue the survivors that are in the room to the right of the hardware store as Frank exits (N128). The room also contains the Survival and Wrestling books. Frank then closes Cliff's eyes out of respect.
Cliff: Name and rank soldier!
Cliff: You cannot tell me, can you, fella? Oh yeah... I know why... It's because you're Viet Cong! I'm right, aren't I? You are nothin' but a filthy communist!
Cliff: You son, are gonna to tell me where the gorilla's hideout is...
Cliff: By the time I'm done beatin' information outta you, you are gonna be beggin' for death to come take you away!
Cliff: You... over there... Here... take this.
Cliff: My granddaughter... She was done in by those damn zombies. When I heard her scream... I just lost it. Everything went white suddenly. The war... It wasn't over... Not for me... It... it never... ended...
- During the battle, the song being played is Slave by The Evolutionaries.
- If Frank kills one of the scoop survivors before speaking to them, they cannot be recruited. Even after Frank speaks to them, they will not respond.
- As long as Frank is not in Crislip's Home Saloon, he can still be in the North Plaza to receive the call about Hatchet Man.
- Mother Connie and daughter Dakota, from the beginning title screen cutscene, bear a striking resemblance to Cliff's Daughter and Grand-Daughter in the photo in his wallet.
- The hung decapitated bodies and blood streaked walls and floors are now permanent.
- The fight between Frank and Cliff can be exploited and be over within little time, as the store where the fight takes place is a separate load area from North Plaza. Frank can exit the store, re-enter, attack Cliff head on as he will always charge at the player, and repeat, without his health replenishing.
- ↑ Unofficial number, see North Plaza#Store Map
- ↑ a b Hall, Kevin. Dead Rising: Game Script by Berserker, GameFAQs, (January 5, 2009).
- ↑ a b Russell, Brad, Dead Rising FAQ/Walkthrough, cheatcc.com (July 25, 2007)
- ↑ Dead Rising Featured Guide, Cheat Happens.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ [http: www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/928326-dead-rising/faqs/57838 Dead Rising: No Weapon Walkthrough* by BobbySoFamous], GameFAQs (September 25, 2009).
- ↑ a b Rorie, Matthew Gamespot Gameguide Dead Rising, Gamespot
- ↑ [http:www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/928326-dead-rising/faqs/45092 Dead Rising: Game Script by Berserker], GameFAQs, (January 5, 2009).
- ↑ Slave, Youtube
- ↑ Dead Rising: The Big List Of Stuff, Newcenstein.