|Dead Rising 2||Dead Rising 3|
Cases and Missions • Walkthrough • Map • Stores • Survivors • Weapons • Food • Magazines • Clothing
The utility cart is a weapon in Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Dead Rising 2: Case West, and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. It is a two-wheeled hand vehicle designed for transporting materials such as garbage.
The utility cart is helpful at low levels, as the player cannot move very fast. When pushing the cart, the player runs faster than normal.
Running the cart into a curb or any other non-zombie obstacle will result in the player losing their grip on it. The utility cart is easily tipped over, usually when the player travels from the road up to a sidewalk. When the utility cart is tipped over, it can be picked up. There is no melee attack available when it is picked up. The player can throw the utility cart, which makes the cart a powerful weapon that is able to kill zombies with one hit.
If the player repeatedly loses their grip on the utility cart, a prompt to pick up the cart will instead be shown. To push the cart again, the player must pick it up and then press / to place the cart down in an upright position.
In Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, the utility cart has infinite durability. The cart can be used to easily complete the Zombie Exterminator achievement by killing 1,000 zombies. It is only available during Case 0-3: Broken Bike.
- Push brooms can sometimes be found on the side of utility carts, such as the one near the base of the waterfall in the Platinum Strip.
- A zombie can be trapped under the utility cart and dragged.
- In Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, if the player leaves the utility cart with the bike part inside, and goes through a load screen, the utility cart returns to the Quarantine Zone.
- It is the only pushable weapon with which the player cannot perform a swing attack.
- The brand name is "Trash Recon".
|Animation name||Animation shared with|
- Stratton, Stephen (2010). Dead Rising 2 Prima Official Game Guide. Prima.