Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- "We can't very well stay here by ourselves, can we? Let's just follow him for now but remain suspicious of his tricks."
- —Yuu, on deciding what to do
- "I am honored that you helped me. Please accept my humble gratitude."
- —Yuu, upon reaching the Security Room
- Main article: Japanese Tourists
Using a Japanese book, Frank is able to communicate with them in ungrammatical language. He offers to bring them to a safe place, and after some arguing Yuu and Shinji agree to follow him.
It's possible that he escaped Willamette with Otis and the others when the special forces arrived.
- Main article: Infinity Mode
- Tanaka is an anagram of "katana", a Japanese weapon. However, Tanaka is a fairly common Japanese surname and the connection is likely a coincidence.
- Although Yuu is only able to speak Japanese, he calls for help in English due to a limit in game mechanics.
- In Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, Yuu is found in Lovely Fashion House instead of Sir Book-a-Lot.
- Yuu and Shinji both have a photo op worth up to 5,000 PP each. Before joining, they will bow, prompting Frank to take a photo.
- Yuu is one of the three best gunners in the game (along with Shinji Kitano and Bill Brenton).